Multimedia dock charging.

jgumphress

Reaction score
I hope this hasn't been brought up before, I could not find anything on it. I use the Moto OEM multimedia stand on my night stand as an alarm clock and nightly charging station. I also have another that stays connected to my PC for displaying my Droid while I work as well as for the SD mount. Anyway, I got up this morning to a dead battery. It had a flashing red LED and a screen prompt to plug it into a charger. So I wanted to make other newbies aware to watch that you make sure your Droid is well seated in the docking station otherwise it will not charge. Just because the screen shifts to night time clock doesn't mean that it is connected.

ajh2k

Reaction score
Edit: Doh: I figured out that the battery icon was confusing me. I am indeed charging off my computer. :wacko: I could still use some help finding a cover that works with the multimediadoc.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
I noticed that when I use the USB to computer connection, through the multimedia doc, that I successfully connect to the computer, and seat the sd card and drag files, etc, however, the droid does not charge off the computer.

However, if I go straight between droid to computer with the usb cable, it does charge.

I did have to download the Motorola Mobile Phone USB Drivers.

I noticed there is another set of drivers called PC Charging Drivers. Will this do the trick.

Separate but related topic..is there a cover for the droid which will work with the multimedia station? For now, I have to take my cover off and its a total pain. Somebody needs to invent one with a hinge, or easy removal of 3/4 of it or something.

Last edited:

cuskit

Reaction score
Separate but related topic..is there a cover for the droid which will work with the multimedia station? For now, I have to take my cover off and its a total pain. Somebody needs to invent one with a hinge, or easy removal of 3/4 of it or something.

Geez, if they do invent one like that - it would sure cut into the sales of my product, the MIKRADLE! :icon_ banana: I invented and provide this as an alternative to the Moto dock for those who want are exasperated by having to remove their covers when charging. I was one of those - I returned my Moto Dock, came up with the idea of the MIKRADLE and have never looked back!

But you are onto something here. Perhaps one of the cover manufacturers is following these threads and might come up with something such as you suggest. Nice idea! :) mikey

ajh2k

Reaction score
Ok, that thing rules! I will be purchasing one today. My only question is separate but related. How do I keep my screen from going to sleep while docked? I don't mind having it go to the dim mode, but it goes totally to sleep, forcing me to hit a button on top to look at the time.

Thanks

cuskit

Reaction score
Ok, that thing rules! I will be purchasing one today. My only question is separate but related. How do I keep my screen from going to sleep while docked? I don't mind having it go to the dim mode, but it goes totally to sleep, forcing me to hit a button on top to look at the time.

Thanks
Simple - on your home screen - choose settings, then applications, then development, and finally - checkmark "stay awake"! This will ensure that while you are charging your Droid, it will never go to sleep. I keep this always on since my phone sits in a MIKRADLE most all day and night (yup - I've got a whole slew of MIKRADLES spread around my shop and home)! ;)

This only works when connected to a charging cable. If not, it will go to sleep after whatever interval you have set up (under settings/time & display/screen timeout.

Hope this helps! :) mikey

Last edited: