Can someone please link STOCK gingerbread sbf for droid 2?

moveright

Reaction score
I'm assuming that the sbf file for stock gingerbread for droidX is not the same one as droid 2 correct? If so, I can't seem to find the sbf for droid 2. I can easily find the pre-rooted version but not the stock version.

Thanks in advance!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is no D2 GB SBF. The only SBF for the D2 is Froyo at this point.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
That file would only work for a dx and as these guys said I am pretty sure there is no gb sbf for the d2.

MDW or TBH has an unrooted flashable zip for d2 gb. I have never flashed it but I assume it is the same as the prerooted with the only difference being there is no root.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

clem11388

Reaction score
So if there is no SBF for the Gingerbread, then how do we go back to stock if needed? I actually got a replacement for my original Droid 2 Global (left half of the touchscreen literally stopped responding to touches) I was rooted and Running a rom (can't remember what it was called at the moment)**edit** It was the Fission rom.

That D2G was running the stock Froyo when I got it, and I was using Froyo Roms. But the replacement I recieved is running Gingerbread. How do I know if any SBF files I used with my other D2G will work with this one?

Also, I have not rooted yet, as z4root no longer works. I have read that the proceedure for Rooting the Droid 3, works on the D2 Global, is there any confirmation to this? Lastly, I recently got a OTA to 2.3.4. I was always pressing the "Later" button because I wanted to find out if I could root after that update. But eventually it stopped asking and I went in About phone to check and suddenly I was "up to date, no new updates available" or what ever it says. So I am assuming it just did the update on it's own, which is ANNOYING. But oh well.

I mainly am wanting to root cause I wanna try out the MIUI rom. Any info would be greatly appreciated. God Bless ya guys!!!

clem11388

Reaction score
I'm guessing you would have to SBF to froyo and take the ota?

What D2 Globals that came from Verizon with Gingerbread. Would those have also gotten GB with the OTA update, and be treated the same way? Or can they be Rooted using the method that works with All the other Gingerbread Moto phones??

shaggykid

Reaction score
What D2 Globals that came from Verizon with Gingerbread. Would those have also gotten GB with the OTA update, and be treated the same way? Or can they be Rooted using the method that works with All the other Gingerbread Moto phones??

I'm not familiar with D2's.

I just figured if you wanted to return to full stock GB, and there is no GB SBF for the D2, that you would need to SBF to froyo and then take the update. Or flash your froyo roms if that's what you want to do.

I could however be completely wrong.

clem11388

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with D2's.

I just figured if you wanted to return to full stock GB, and there is no GB SBF for the D2, that you would need to SBF to froyo and then take the update. Or flash your froyo roms if that's what you want to do.

I could however be completely wrong.

Well when I first started trying to root my D2G when it was at Froyo, I heard that there is a very big Kernel difference between Froyo and Gingerbread. And the way that we were changing out the Roms was actually keeping the same Froyo Kernel and just putting a new, forgive the mis-use of words to describe it, "top layer" on and that trying to use a Gingerbread Rom with a Froyo Kernel, or Froyo Rom with a Gingerbread Kernel, will flat out brick your phone to the point that no SBF'ing could ever fix it. And the SBF I have is from the Froyo version, so I assuming that my old SBF file is no good for this newer D2G.

Not too big of a deal, just would like eventually be able to root to do the tethering and overclocking. Then later try and put the MiUi rom on it. They actually have a version specifically for the Droid 2 Global for Verizon. Which really surprised me. :-D

P.S. also note, for these reason of all this difficulty. I will be getting a Nexus phone next. Especially cause I want to be able to try out the new "Ubuntu Phone" when they start official work on it. The order they are working on things is, Ubuntu TV, Ubuntu Tablet, then Ubuntu Phone last if I'm not mistake. And yes this is actual plans to make a totally custom Ubuntu for phones. Not a crappy port of the desktop. So can't wait!!!! DancingNexus