Back to stock?

ndsustudent

Reaction score
I am wondering if it is possible to restore my Droid 2 back to the stock rom. I am currently running Liberty 1.5 and if need be I would like to know how to restore it, just in case I have to bring it into Verizon or send it back. I actually got my Droid Eris' warranty voided by bringing it in with a gingerbread rom on it.

Anyways, i've read elsewhere that I may have to "SBF?" it back to stock, but when I read the instructions, I get confused as to how it is done or if it can be done.

Thanks in advance!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well did you make a backup in clockwork before flashing liberty? restoring a stock backup is the easiest way to get back to stock. but if you didn't do that then yes you would have to sbf. it is a process that you have to have a pc for.

OP
ndsustudent

ndsustudent

Reaction score
No :( in my haste to try out the new rom, I forgot to back up my stock rom!

So how exactly do I SBF? Like I said, I've seen different instructions online which have done nothing but confuse me. Is there a simple set of instructions laying around somewhere?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes the third post in the third link in my signature has a great right up on how to sbf the droid 2. i can answer any questions you may have, but essentially you will need a program called rsd lite 4.9 and the propper sbf file for your phone.

OP
ndsustudent

ndsustudent

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll have to give it a shot later.

sent from my droid 2

OP
ndsustudent

ndsustudent

Reaction score
hit me up if you have issues.

So when you say "DO NOT USE 2.2.20 SBF on a 2.3.20 device."

Does that mean android 2.3? So as long as I am not running the leaked Gingerbread 2.3 rom I should be ok? My current rom is Liberty 1.5 which I believe is a 2.2 rom. So if I follow the steps exactly, I should end up with a clean install then?

Also, what does the SBF program do? Does it push a flash image of the original OS back to the phone?

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No the only sbf you should use is the 2.3.2 one. I know its a little confusing but that us actually the current Froyo build from moto.

tappin and a talkin

OP
ndsustudent

ndsustudent

Reaction score
Thanks!

So now I am looking to download the SBF files, do I have to put both these odexed and deodexed files on my phone before I run sbf?

Or do I just download and use the "Full SBF file" under the "UPDATE" section? - I'm thinking this one is the winner but I'm not sure

Thanks again for helping me out!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Droid 2 (2.3.20) Odexed Update.zip: Download

Droid 2 (2.3.20) Deodexed Update.zip format: Download
__________________________________________________ ____________________

To install the above files you need to follow these directions:

1) boot phone into recovery
2) go to mounts and storage
3) format system
4) mount system
5) install zip from sdcard
6) choose zip from sdcard
7) find and install zip
8) reboot your device

Droid 2 (2.3.20) System only SBF File - Download

Update:

We were just going to release just the system SBF but we have decided to go all out on this one. So with that being said here is the 2.3.20 FULL SBF file.

FULL SBF file ----> Download

RSDLite 4.8 ---->Download now

Moto Connect 4.71 USB Drivers ---->Download now

freddyfromutah

Reaction score
I downloaded the .zip file, extracted it but cannot find the sbf file when I search with rsd lite, what am I doing wrong?

of the full sbf file, im probably making no sense, sorry.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try dropping it on the desktop and if rsd still doesn't see it then try restarting the pc. also what version of rsd are you using?

freddyfromutah

Reaction score
I may have been given bad info and downloaded the wrong type of file. I am extracting the file from the stickied thread. Egads.