Can Not root

freeman91

Reaction score
I have used like 3 or 4 different ways to try to root my droid razr can any one plz help me it running 4.0.4

Krenzy

Reaction score
I was finally able to root yesterday after months of confusion; can you describe what part you're stuck at? I may have gone through the same thing.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Droid Razr Utility 1.82's root option works and is literally as simple as choosing the option in the menu.

Krenzy

Reaction score
My issue was thinking it would display the options, not realizing you need to type in your option number then hit enter...yeah I'm a dumbass lol.

OP
freeman91

freeman91

Reaction score
I was finally able to root yesterday after months of confusion; can you describe what part you're stuck at? I may have gone through the same thing.

When i use the programs it said it cant find the source or something like that.

Krenzy

Reaction score
OK so first thing after you've downloaded the utility is to install the drivers, which are provided in the utility; did these install completely? If not, you'll need to go to Motorola's website and find them on there(easy enough to find). After they are installed, you need to double click on the ADB program, which kinda pops up, does its thing, and is gone. Then you go to the DroidRazrUtility file, double click and a box pops up, follow the insturctions, and you'll see Batman, and press any key. Upon hitting any key a small window pkps up with three lines of text. Here, you must manually type the number of the option you want (I mistakenly thought a box with numbers and options would appear but it doesn't.) From there it's butter! Make sure you have your phone in USB Debugging mode and I checked off Allow Mock Locations, even if it wasn't necessary. Also check off MTP from the drop down menu options.

OP
freeman91

freeman91

Reaction score
OK so first thing after you've downloaded the utility is to install the drivers, which are provided in the utility; did these install completely? If not, you'll need to go to Motorola's website and find them on there(easy enough to find). After they are installed, you need to double click on the ADB program, which kinda pops up, does its thing, and is gone. Then you go to the DroidRazrUtility file, double click and a box pops up, follow the insturctions, and you'll see Batman, and press any key. Upon hitting any key a small window pkps up with three lines of text. Here, you must manually type the number of the option you want (I mistakenly thought a box with numbers and options would appear but it doesn't.) From there it's butter! Make sure you have your phone in USB Debugging mode and I checked off Allow Mock Locations, even if it wasn't necessary. Also check off MTP from the drop down menu options.

I tried it still did work i went to the site and re downloaded the drivers from the moto site and i followed ur steps and when i use the program it said

' adb' is not recognizedan an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Krenzy

Reaction score
I just ran into the same issue with my brother-in-law today on his laptop as we tried to root it at his place. I ended up rooting it with my crappy laptop and it worked...not sure what the issue there is, maybe Foxkat can chime in?

OP
freeman91

freeman91

Reaction score
I just ran into the same issue with my brother-in-law today on his laptop as we tried to root it at his place. I ended up rooting it with my crappy laptop and it worked...not sure what the issue there is, maybe Foxkat can chime in?
Thank You ALL for your help This worked On a different computer

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I tried it still did work i went to the site and re downloaded the drivers from the moto site and i followed ur steps and when i use the program it said

' adb' is not recognizedan an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

It's a quirk in the utility that it won't work if it is nested inside any folders with a space in the name (such as "Program Files".)

So the general advice is that you copy the folder to the root of C: and run it from there, ie, C:\RazrUtility