Bootlop Help & CWM Help

DroidRazrKid

Reaction score
Ok Ive Rooted Lots Of Phones But The Razr Is Different I Have The CDMA Xt912, and running 4.0.4 ICS and i have a root method but i need a CWM method that helps becasue idk wat to do if i get into a bootloop so can anyone help me? please i need answers

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Ok Ive Rooted Lots Of Phones But The Razr Is Different I Have The CDMA Xt912, and running 4.0.4 ICS and i have a root method but i need a CWM method that helps becasue idk wat to do if i get into a bootloop so can anyone help me? please i need answers
This is a double post...you shouldn't do that. You can use the DroidRzr Utility listed in the above sticky to install Safestrap or Bootstrap...do not have both of them on your phone at the same time...not a good idea and will usually conflict with each other depending on what you're trying to do.

OP
DroidRazrKid

DroidRazrKid

Reaction score
Wat does a safestrap do & wat do i do if i enter bootloop?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Wat does a safestrap do & wat do i do if i enter bootloop?
Safestrap creates a "safe side" and "non safe side" partition on your device. The safe side is where your stock ROM resides, the non safe side is used to house ROMs that you flash. So, if your flashing is unsuccessful you always have your safe side to recover to. I offered this suggestion before in the original thread you started, and will offer it again. Based on your questions you really owe it to yourself to do more research. If you don't know the difference between Bootstrap and Safestrap and are not familiar with the recovery options and procedures when flashing ROMs etc then you're probably going to wind up in a non-recoverable situation sooner rather than later no matter what you use (Safestrap or Bootstrap). Flashing is normally safe when you know what you can do, what not to do, and how to recover. A lack of knowledge and understanding in any one of those three areas is a "accident looking for a place to happen". Just trying to help you.

By the way, what is it you're trying to do? Flash ROMS, freeze apps...what?

OP
DroidRazrKid

DroidRazrKid

Reaction score
Safestrap creates a "safe side" and "non safe side" partition on your device. The safe side is where your stock ROM resides, the non safe side is used to house ROMs that you flash. So, if your flashing is unsuccessful you always have your safe side to recover to. I offered this suggestion before in the original thread you started, and will offer it again. Based on your questions you really owe it to yourself to do more research. If you don't know the difference between Bootstrap and Safestrap and are not familiar with the recovery options and procedures when flashing ROMs etc then you're probably going to wind up in a non-recoverable situation sooner rather than later no matter what you use (Safestrap or Bootstrap). Flashing is normally safe when you know what you can do, what not to do, and how to recover. A lack of knowledge and understanding in any one of those three areas is a "accident looking for a place to happen". Just trying to help you.

By the way, what is it you're trying to do? Flash ROMS, freeze apps...what?

Ive been researching ALLDAY & im just trynna fugure out wat to do if i hit a boot loop & how to get CWM

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Ive been researching ALLDAY & im just trynna fugure out wat to do if i hit a boot loop & how to get CWM
Ok, well if you use the DroidRzr Utility 1.8 or 1.81 (found in this forum) you can install bootstrap or safestrap through that utility...assuming your phone is rooted. Either option in the utility (option 3 and 4 I think) will install CWM during the process of installing Bootstrap or Safestrap. Boot loops can be caused by a number of things...that's why research before you start Flashing is important. A common cause for a bootloop is the failure to clear the cache stores on your phone before flashing and running a different ROM. Cache retained from one ROM can cause a new ROM to fail when booted. Wiping cache does not clean out your personal data or touch your SD card. Most ROMs you can flash will have instruction from the developer on how to install, what to use to flash (safestrap or bootstrap).

OP
DroidRazrKid

DroidRazrKid

Reaction score
Ok, well if you use the DroidRzr Utility 1.8 or 1.81 (found in this forum) you can install bootstrap or safestrap through that utility...assuming your phone is rooted. Either option in the utility (option 3 and 4 I think) will install CWM during the process of installing Bootstrap or Safestrap. Boot loops can be caused by a number of things...that's why research before you start Flashing is important. A common cause for a bootloop is the failure to clear the cache stores on your phone before flashing and running a different ROM. Cache retained from one ROM can cause a new ROM to fail when booted. Wiping cache does not clean out your personal data or touch your SD card. Most ROMs you can flash will have instruction from the developer on how to install, what to use to flash (safestrap or bootstrap).

i kno im asking alot of questions but ok ima root it but im asking like do i install both bootstrap and safe strap? wats the difference? and can u giv me clearer directions on how to install the because the thread kinda confused me a little

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Download and install the DroidRzr Utility already talked about. After downloading to your PC extract the zip file to its own folder. Run the bat file. The utility has a number of options...restore to 211(stock), root, install bootstrap, install Safestrap and a couple other options. Read the sticky above about the utility. Safestrap and Bootstrap do essentially the same thing...flash ROMs. Most users prefer Safestrap because it preserves your stock ROM on the "safe side". Google safestrap and read about it.

OP
DroidRazrKid

DroidRazrKid

Reaction score
Download and install the DroidRzr Utility already talked about. After downloading to your PC extract the zip file to its own folder. Run the bat file. The utility has a number of options...restore to 211(stock), root, install bootstrap, install Safestrap and a couple other options. Read the sticky above about the utility. Safestrap and Bootstrap do essentially the same thing...flash ROMs. Most users prefer Safestrap because it preserves your stock ROM on the "safe side". Google safestrap and read about it.

Your a big help thanx but can u tell me do i have to do Fastboot? and if so wat does it do and im not root yet im still on 4.0.4

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
DroidRazrKid said:
Your a big help thanx but can u tell me do i have to do Fastboot? and if so wat does it do and im not root yet im still on 4.0.4

You don't use fastboot when you root. If you decide to flash back to stock or use the utility to restore back to stock then you fastboot. To but your phone in fastboot mode you power the phone off, hold down volume up and down keys while holding down the power key. You can then select AP Fastboot mode.

OP
DroidRazrKid

DroidRazrKid

Reaction score
You don't use fastboot when you root. If you decide to flash back to stock or use the utility to restore back to stock then you fastboot. To but your phone in fastboot mode you power the phone off, hold down volume up and down keys while holding down the power key. You can then select AP Fastboot mode.

Oh i dnt need it then lol o ki got all the info i need thanx so much