BootStrap? Help Plz Plz Plz

DroidRazrKid

Reaction score
Hi im a noob to Droid Razr but i want to root but im scared cause idk wat to do incase of a BOOTLOOP situation so can anyone help me ? Please and Thank you

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hi im a noob to Droid Razr but i want to root but im scared cause idk wat to do incase of a BOOTLOOP situation so can anyone help me ? Please and Thank you
Looks like you're new to this forum...if so welcome aboard...lots of great users in this forum more than willing to give anyone a helping hand. I take it you are new to rooting an Android device. If so, I offer a couple of suggestions. You will be much better off if you do some research before rooting your phone, flashing ROMs, freezing/moving/renaming apps etc. You mention root, root by itself does nothing for you...you won't be able see or tell a difference in your phone just because root it. Root gives you access to system files and apps that allow you to make changes that you cannot make without root. Root also allows you to run apps that require system access that would not normally run on a phone which is not rooted. A part of this rooted process is flashing ROMs. That is where most users get into trouble and where most users "brick" their phone. Very, very few (non that I know of) have "bricked" their phone simply rooting it. It is what they do after root. That is why I encourage you to do some research. This forum (an others) have a lot of information about root. Here is a good link on this forum to start from: Droid Hacking. Take some time...do the research...ask questions...you'll feel better and more confident about your decision to root or not to root. If you decide to root, the DroidRzr Utility found on this forum is the safest, easiest way to root your phone.

Last edited: