Can not hear or be heard on phone calls

dsuter

Reaction score
As of yesterday morning, when I answer my phone I can not hear the person on the other end nor can they hear me. Out of frustration I almost did a reset of the phone but thought I would ask the question. I assume this is a software issue. Please help.

Rocko

Reaction score
Yeah, a hiccup. All electronic devices will hiccup from time to time. Power off, pull the battery then put it back and restart it. If that does cure it, may have to take it in.

OP
D

dsuter

Reaction score
Thanks Rocko. I did do that already. I was trying to avoid the store as I seem to be able to troubleshoot these problems myself better than them. I see a master reset in my future. Hate losing all of the apps and settings though.

Rocko

Reaction score
Yeah, it stinks, but I would try the master reset and before that, clear the phones cache.

Turn phone off, then hold down the home button and power until the android icon appears, then hit the search button, then use the volume buttons to select 'wipe cache partition' and hit the camera button. This is safe and won't delete any needed files.

Try that first.

OP
D

dsuter

Reaction score
Rocko, you Rock!!! That worked great. Thank you for saving me a ton of time!!! My phone is dancing now. dancedroid

Rocko

Reaction score
No problem. Glad it helped. I do that after I uninstall apps and just as a basic maintenance.

er111a

Reaction score
my phone was having the same problem and this just fixed it THANK YOU!!!!!!!!