can i use steel droid rom on droid 2 2.3.4?

kindness63

Reaction score
Hello everyone i was wondering if i could put steel droid rom on my droid 2 2.3.4 if so how please thank you in advance !

Jeffyo

Reaction score
kindness63 said:
Hello everyone i was wondering if i could put steel droid rom on my droid 2 2.3.4 if so how please thank you in advance !

If you have root then, yes.

fishhelmet

Reaction score
No, roms are never cross platform compatible.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

joeblow789

Reaction score
I believe Jeffyo is correct & fishhelmet misunderstood your question. If you know how to gain root on 2.3.4 & use the D2 version of Steel Droid on a D2 you should be good. It's likely that Steel Droid employs a kernel check to make sure you're on 2.3.3 (like plain Cyanogenmod CM7 does), but if so, there's info on how to circumvent that in the rooting thread I linked to.

OP
kindness63

kindness63

Reaction score
hi

thank you but everytime i try it doesnt load.im on 2.3.4 and im rooted.do i have to be on a rom thats 2.3.3? thank you so much for your reply ....

joeblow789

Reaction score
I have no 1st hand experience with 2.3.4 or Steel Droid, but I believe your issue is the kernel check I mentioned. Presuming I'm right, Steel Droid is looking to verify that you have 2.3.3, but that can be disabled. The preferred way to make the required change(s) is to open the zip (don't fully unzip it), make the edits, and close it back up. I personally use 7zip. The same info is probably available here on DF, but Rootz seems to get more traffic, at least for the D2.

OP
kindness63

kindness63

Reaction score
thank you soooo much it worked.the only thing was i flashed it and i had problem with vzw reconizing it.i dialed *228 and it said sorry try again ..i did the same for cm 7.2 and it worked but no gapps.so i got gb gapps flashed them but it messed up my wifi so i had to sbf and reroot then it came out of it.i think if i just flash and use something other than google apps or save them what i want on my sd card before i flash ill be ok thank you :)))