Can I save attachments (video) from Gmail?

lc79

Reaction score
I haven't figured out how to save attachments (particularly video files) from gmail - is there an app or a built in utility? Pics save fine, as do files read by docs to go, but I can't figure out how to save video files.

i.e. - I took a high res video of my daughter, emailed it to my husband (we're a two-droid family). He is able to preview and view the video, but not save it to his phone/sd card / gallery.

I eventually just plugged his phone into the computer and saved the file to the card that way, but this seems like an obviously lacking feature, and I figured there HAD to be a way to do it directly from the phone, but couldn't find one.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Laurie

phytphyr

Reaction score
Laurie,
Feel lucky to even send the video. When i try to email a "high quality" video it gives me an error mesg. "file to large to attach?? and the video is only 10 to 15 sec long? is there a setting i have to change to be able to send it?

OP
L

lc79

Reaction score
My settings are "high quality for sd card" and "30 second duration for MMS." I'm not sure if the setting on the time matters or not, especially if you're only a few seconds long anyway. Sorry I don't have the answer.

jmlaser

Reaction score
having the same issue as the OP...
someone emails me a 3gp file and I cannot do anything with it thru the gmail app.
If I go log onto Gmail thru the browser I can click on the attachment but when it starts TO download I get an error "file type not supported by phone" which is pure BS cause thats what all vids are!~

jm

dr00py

Reaction score
I haven't figured out how to save attachments (particularly video files) from gmail - is there an app or a built in utility? Pics save fine, as do files read by docs to go, but I can't figure out how to save video files.

i.e. - I took a high res video of my daughter, emailed it to my husband (we're a two-droid family). He is able to preview and view the video, but not save it to his phone/sd card / gallery.

I eventually just plugged his phone into the computer and saved the file to the card that way, but this seems like an obviously lacking feature, and I figured there HAD to be a way to do it directly from the phone, but couldn't find one.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Laurie
I have this exact same problem. Except that my video isn't of her daughter because that'd just be wierd, and wrong!

The video is stored on the phone somewhere because I can review it anytime without re-downloading it, but I simply can't save it to my personal gallery. If anyone knows where the 'cache' is, perhaps I could cut/paste it from there?

Any hints appreciated.

aliascool

Reaction score
open your web browser and go to your gmail then click on the link and it will down load to your videos.

Chachmo78

Reaction score
Regarding attaching large files, I inadvertently found a work around one day. Use Astro file manager, and select the file thru that app. Share: select gmail ( or whatever email service you are using on your phone). It will attach and send. I have sent files like this which I am sure are over the normal limit.... but it works. If you don't have Astro, you'll need to download it from the market.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums