Help with Handcent Save/Resend audio

Dr01d

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to save an audio file I received in a text to my SD card, then are a later time, attach the saved audio file to a text to another person.
Should be simple but I can't figure it out.
I can save the audio file just fine but when I start the new text and select attach audio the only audio files Handcent locates are my ringtones. The audio file saves correctly to the Handcent/Downloads directory but the file is not available to attach later.
I am aware that I can forward the original message, and that does work, but how would I save the audio attachment and then get Handcent to locate and attach it from the Sdcard later?

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
OP
D

Dr01d

Reaction score
Well, one self serving bump and Ill move on. :)

Let's try this with a different question. Let's say I have an audio file on my PC and I transfer it to my Droid. I'd like to send this MMS to a friend. How would I attach this audio file to my text. When I choose Menu/Attach/Audio all it displays are my ringtones, nothing else. No other audio files are available to attach.

OP
D

Dr01d

Reaction score
OK, I got this sorted out. I searched and located a few other threads with similar topics so I thought I would share the solution.

First download Rings Extended from the market. This frees up the messaging app from just looking in the ringtone directory for audio files. It now seems to locate all my audio wherever they are.

This allowed me to attach any audio file to my text, but I hit another problem. I would get an error message saying the file was too large. Even though it was an audio file that was sent to me via text to begin with.

At this point I downloaded ChompSms.

I did get the same error but here's the difference. Chomps has a setting to remove any file size restrictions.

Problem solved. I sent this file to my wife and son with complete success.