Can I preorder the Droid if I'm not currently a Verizon customer?

hoax

Reaction score
I'm with ATT now but due to a customer care issue I'm planning on switching to Verizon. I'd like to pre-order the Droid but I since I'm planning on moving my old number over I don't think it's a good idea until I have an actual Verizon phone in my hand. Any thoughts? I'm thinking I'm going to be stuck waiting until the Verizon stores have the Droid X in stock before I can cut over.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Nothing on pre-orders fro the X has been released yet.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We all know it's coming out on 7/15. I'm failing to see the need to preorder in your situation.

Anyway, I'm sure Verizon would want your business so I don't see why not.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about those two bozo's who replied ahead of me. You can pre order the phone with an assigned vzw number and then when you get the new phone simply have the att number ported over.

That is if they allow pre orders.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Aridon

Reaction score
New customers are always in the drivers seat. I haven't seen any information on preorders yet that may come as it gets closer. I'm watching this device closely and trying to decide if I want to make the switch for it.

senterman

Reaction score
I have a Verizon account and just got off the phone with my local Verizon store. I was told that since the Droid X has been official announced, that she would call my cell, when they can start taking pre-orders, which should of course be before July 15th. I will post here, when I get the call.

OP
H

hoax

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.

bill.robles

Reaction score
Me too....

dancedroid The employees in the sales department don't seem to have a lot of details just yet. I also left my information with the sales rep like senterman. I'll be watching the forum and will post as soon as I hear something. dancedroid

sic0048

Reaction score
New customers are always in the drivers seat..

No doubt! I went to a Sprint store today to play around with the EVO since it is about the same size as the Droid X. They had stock in the store, but only for new customers. They were not allowing existing customers to upgrade due to the supply shortage.

PS - I didn't find the EVO to be too big at all. Actually I was a little surprised at how small it was. Looking at some of these pictures on the web make it look freaking HUGE. The Droid X will be slightly taller, but also thinner overall. I won't have a problem with the size and plan on getting one when released!

mapexvenus

Reaction score
I am not eligible for an upgrade. Does anyone know how much will the device cost without the upgrade discount? $700 / $800 / ????

PorcPuffer

Reaction score
I am not eligible for an upgrade. Does anyone know how much will the device cost without the upgrade discount? $700 / $800 / ????

they havnt released that yet but i'm gonna guess (strictly from market standards) not upwards of 700, i would think like 650 or so.

Pathos

Reaction score
They had stock in the store, but only for new customers. They were not allowing existing customers to upgrade due to the supply shortage.
wow, that's so lame! Sprint needs all of the customers that they can get, so I understand. However, I would leave them if I were a customer. I guess I don't like Sprint that much in general, and it will get worse when they are the only game in town not using LTE in their 4G. I guess not many people travel to Europe other places that will use LTE, but it's stupid IMHO for them to choose to be different.