Can Apps be installed or Moved to External SD on Note 2?

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Can Apps be installed or Moved to External SD on Note 2? has anyone found a work around or if its possible. I know that the S3 had this issue.

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I have a 32GB Sandisk MicroSDHC installed. What would that have to do with it?

jgmecarter

Reaction score
It's a app look it up in the Google play store. People told me that they use that to move apps to sd. I have never tried it I am fine with the memory that is on my note 2

jgmecarter

Reaction score
If the does not work then you can always root your phone and then you will be able to do it as well

Batman8

Reaction score
My understanding is "no". Moving apps to the SD card was a feature of the older Android OS (like Froyo & maybe Gingerbread), but it was removed from the more current versions of the OS and is no longer an option.

You can however (if rooted) move the large data folders used by some video games over to your external SD card with utilities like "Directory Bind" which will at least help manager your space much better. I found this app to be a life saver considering the extremely small amount of internal memory that comes with the Note 2! 10GB of space is nothing when running games with 2GB+ of data each. This is my only major complaint with this phone. It should have at least come in a 32GB version but oh well.

You can search the XDA-developers forum for "Directory Bind" if interested. I hope this info helps.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The older phones either had 2 fixed internal memory cards or 1 that was partitioned. Things have changed. The naming convention for the "external" microSD card is inconsistent which makes it difficult to have any standard way to move anything, much less apps unless the app you are using has the ability to specify where to store the data. Some do. In which case no root is required.

Android is an open system and Google made only a few hardware specs mandatory so thyey blew it on this one. They also blew not making a hardware factory reset method standard.