Help with SD Card!!

patriotaki

Reaction score
So i bought galaxy s3 yesterday and i tried to move some installed apps on the external SD Card with no luck.In the app info there is no "move to sd" button.Also i installed app 2 sd application and i had this message
"this device not have a real primary external storage or the primary storage is emulated" . Also i installed hot pursuit from blackmart and it wont play its stuck on EA Logo!

mkstn

Reaction score
you have to use the stock app My Files. The sd card shows as extSdCard. I not found a way to move apps to or from the sd card.

OP
P

patriotaki

Reaction score
i think installed apps cant be moved with myfiles

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
You can't move apps to the SD card on the S3. It's not the first Android phone as of late to not support it. If you look at the file structure of the device, the internal storage is called "sdcard" while the actual sdcard is called "extSdCard." That's what the message you saw is referring to - the actual SD card isn't considered to be primary storage by the OS. It's just secondary storage for personal files (music, movies, documents, etc.). Google has been trying to get manufacturers to move away from including a SD card slot altogether, so we'd lucky to have it at all. But as of right now, you can't install apps to it.