Can anyone help me on my driod i forgot my password to my google mail and its locked

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Something does not sound right.....

If it is your phone. Do a hard reset, create a new gmail account. set the phone back up and move on with it.

OP
S

sterger611

Reaction score
ohk something is not right here either i made my gmail account put in my account and it still says its invalid

OP
S

sterger611

Reaction score
how do i do that when i cant even get pass the unlock sceen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
So you have a pattern unlock set? I missed that....

You can also do a factory reset by booting into recovery...

bje1982

Reaction score
i went to google and made an account and then tryed it on my phone to unlock it but it says its invaild

Go to your settings/privacy/factory data reset. That will start everything all over for your.

I think were confusing this guy..
He is locked out of his phone for to many failed password attempts.
The only way to get into the phone is to enter the username and password that is attached to the phone.
If you cannot remember that then the only way to get into the phone is a hard reset through recovery i beleive.

Just cut your losses and reset the phone is the answer or follow the step by step I already posted in your other thread

Last edited:
OP
S

sterger611

Reaction score
oh k i first have to get by my email "googleaccount"/"too many pattern attempts!" sceen and i know my pattern but i let my cousin play wit my phone and i dont know how to put my phone in recovery and sorry for bein a pain

swaks16

Reaction score
Its simple to get the phone unlocked, call your phone from another phone, during the conversation press home. Now go into settings create a new gmail account with a password that you know. ( if you dont have one make one). Now hang up and when you go back to that lock screen type in the new account you set up.

I didnt read the whole thread to see if youve already so sorry if this information is useless now

bje1982

Reaction score
Its simple to get the phone unlocked, call your phone from another phone, during the conversation press home. Now go into settings create a new gmail account with a password that you know. ( if you dont have one make one). Now hang up and when you go back to that lock screen type in the new account you set up.

I didnt read the whole thread to see if youve already so sorry if this information is useless now

I dont understand why but I posted this already step by step in the other thread he started..

He has 2 threads going for the same topic.

Here it is once and for all.

anyway heres the fix credit to bostondroid

1) create a new gmail account on the computer.
2) call your cell phone with a different phone.
3) answer your cell phone then hit the back button and it will take you to the home
screen.
4) turn on wifi so it can do data and voice at the same time (remember that the phone
is still connected)
5) go to Settings -> Location & Security and disable lock pattern (you'll need to
enter to correct pattern previously set)
6) go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync and click "Add Account" and add your newly
created Gmail account.
7) hang up the phone.
8) turn the phone back on, at the lockout screen, enter your new Gmail account info
and it should let you back in
9) once the phone is unlocked, you can go in setting and remove the newly added Gmail
account and keep the old one.

If this doesnt work remember to use the "search" feature I found the answer to this in less than a minute.

Last edited:
OP
S

sterger611

Reaction score
it doesnt work it just takes me back to the locked sceen

swaks16

Reaction score

I dont understand why but I posted this already step by step in the other thread he started..

He has 2 threads going for the same topic.

Here it is once and for all.

anyway heres the fix credit to bostondroid

1) create a new gmail account on the computer.
2) call your cell phone with a different phone.
3) answer your cell phone then hit the back button and it will take you to the home
screen.
4) turn on wifi so it can do data and voice at the same time (remember that the phone
is still connected)
5) go to Settings -> Location & Security and disable lock pattern (you'll need to
enter to correct pattern previously set)
6) go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync and click "Add Account" and add your newly
created Gmail account.
7) hang up the phone.
8) turn the phone back on, at the lockout screen, enter your new Gmail account info
and it should let you back in
9) once the phone is unlocked, you can go in setting and remove the newly added Gmail
account and keep the old one.

If this doesnt work remember to use the "search" feature I found the answer to this in less than a minute.

Oh wow i forgot some steps, I was just going from memory of what i did when this happened to me

bje1982

Reaction score

swaks16

Reaction score
it doesnt work it just takes me back to the locked sceen

Just check out this thread on how to hard reset your phone:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-incredible-faq/42039-how-hard-reset-htc-droid-incredible.html

You will lose all your apps and contacts and calender entries and youll have to create a new gmail to access market.

Dont forget your username and password this time write it down and not in the notes app on your droid lol

Why would you do that if you could just follow the steps above? just press back not home

OP
S

sterger611

Reaction score
i call my phone wit the other phone but when i push the back button or the search button it doesnt work it just takes me back to my locked sceen that i have to put my username and password