Camera zoom Fx- can't download pictures

Goofy Yno

Reaction score
I switched to Camera Zoom fx- which shoots pictures much quicker- which I like. The native camera stored the picture in the gallery under camera rolls. Now they are under Library (in Gallery) which is fine, But when I plug in to my computer, the only pictures I can fine are the old ones (DICM>Camera). I can not find, or up load the new pictures. must be an easy fix? the default file is /mnt/sdcard/DCIM/camera/20111206 but I can't find it

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also have Camera Zoom FX and the pictures are stored in /mnt/sdcard/CameraZOOM.

Last edited:
OP
Goofy Yno

Goofy Yno

Reaction score
I can put the there also by saving in CameraZoom instead of default. but they still end up in library in the gallery, and I still can't find them on the computer. can you?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, in the location I said.

I suggest using the free app QuickPic instead of the Gallery. QuickPic keeps the folders separate and tells you where they are.

OP
Goofy Yno

Goofy Yno

Reaction score
Yes, in the location I said.

I suggest using the free app QuickPic instead of the Gallery. QuickPic keeps the folders separate and tells you where they are.

I downloaded QuickPic. I like how it organizes better (thanks) but still can't download the pix to my computer. I tried downloading Moto media link on computer, but that didn't work either. :sad:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, what settings are you using? I have USB Debugging checked (Settings>Applications>Development, Check USB debugging) and use USB Mass Storage. That will give you 2 removable drives. One is MOT (internal) and the Removable Disk (sd-ext). That should give you access. Be sure to eject both drives when you're done.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
One thing is have your computer do a search of "CameraZOOM*.jpg" (without the quote marks) on both MOT and Removable Drive. Maybe take a picture using Camera Zoom FX shortly before so you can see the date as the same as when you are doing this. That picture should be in the storage area. I do notice that every picture take with Camera Zoom FX has "CameraZOOM" as part of the name.