Stock gallery extremely slow and photos wont load quickly

michael22

Reaction score
Hello, when i open my gallery and click library the pictures take forever to fully present themselves in the gallery. If i click them then they open and pop up no problem, but I would like to be able to scroll through my library very quickly. The picture files are stored on the internal storage under DCIM which i believe is the default. Could it be that I froze an app or system process that is causing this??? Anyone experience the same thing?

Vicious1

Reaction score
The stock gallery is horrible, and incredibly slow. Download QuickPic from market. It's MUCH better, and wayyyyy faster thanks to caching smaller thumbnails of pics. Also, customizable layout, view, and folders.

Trust me, download it, and you'll never look back.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Have you used Safestrap recently? This happens whenever I switch between safe and non safe. I usually have to either move the pics to a new folder or backup the SD card and reformat. Moving the pics should redraw the thumbs.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Do you use any type of cache clearing app? If it clears the gallery cache and dumps all the thumbnails then it takes forever to reload them... slows everything down

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

gabeevans88

Reaction score
The stock gallery is horrible, and incredibly slow. Download QuickPic from market. Trust me, download it, and you'll never look back.
I Agree, I have been using this on everything, it even helps render your wallpaper/background better than the stock gallery app