Camera Won't Open! Help!

shellmeyer

Reaction score
Wth, went to use my camera (stock) & it won't open. So went to Instagram soon - wouldn't work - went to zoom camera soon - wouldn't work either! Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Does it give you any sort of error message?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I would try going into manage apps, all, clear cache, clear data and force close.. reboot the device..

OP
shellmeyer

shellmeyer

Reaction score
No message...just goes dark, then back to home screen. Just tried deleting data, cleared cache, forced stop, powered down...still doing same thing. Weird thing is all camera functions, aren't working.

OP
shellmeyer

shellmeyer

Reaction score
Did that, still nothing. On all camera functions. Instagram soon camera, etc, none work.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Have you tried holding volume down and power for ten secs, let the phone reboot.. then try it.

Did you drop the device or download any apps before this happened? Change any device settings? Tamper with anything like developer options?? If so, do the inverse of what you did.. see if that clears up your issue... if not see below.

You said your device is stock?? Then try this, delete your third party camera apps, then reboot the device, see if the camera comes online, if so, then reload your other camera apps.

If not...recheck and make sure you deleted ALL third party camera apps. Try clearing data and cache and force closing the camera app in manage apps, all.. reboot again...

If the camera doesn't work now... and you're sure you're not running a rom or something that doesn't support your camera...then i'd suggest backing up your data, and doing a factory data reset.

OP
shellmeyer

shellmeyer

Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestions. I uninstalled my 3rd party apps & powered down & my camera is working again! Thank you so much. ツ

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No problem.. glad to help.

UsamaImran

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid maxx
I have factor reset my phone but my camera still shows camera error what do i do now

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have factor reset my phone but my camera still shows camera error what do i do now
Welcome to the forum. Do you have a Droid RAZR?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk