Camera WILL NOT Focus (NOT 24.5 Day Problem)

jfit400

Reaction score
I've been using the Motorola Droid and pretty much know what i'm doing... with ROMs and whatnot...

but I can not get the camera to focus whatsoever

I know it is not the hardware or the older 24.5 cycle problem, because after reflashing with RSD Lite, the camera will focus and function again... sometimes, and sometimes not.

And if it does, it seems to stop working randomly, for no apparent reason.

PLEASE HELP!!! I have searched around and have no clue about what's causing the problem or why! Everything else works flawlessly but I want to be able to take pictures!

Thanks

c0Ld

Reaction score
A friend of mine had the same exact issue no matter what ROM he used or otherwise, and it ended up that he just had a crappily built droid. Once he got a replacement from Verizon the issues all went away. I know it's probably not the answer you're looking for, but there HAVE been minor revisions to the phone since the first batch came out of the factory, and I'm led to believe that this is an issue of some of the first models.

OP
jfit400

jfit400

Reaction score
A friend of mine had the same exact issue no matter what ROM he used or otherwise, and it ended up that he just had a crappily built droid. Once he got a replacement from Verizon the issues all went away. I know it's probably not the answer you're looking for, but there HAVE been minor revisions to the phone since the first batch came out of the factory, and I'm led to believe that this is an issue of some of the first models.

Thanks for the reply.

But you're saying that even though it works sometimes after reflashing its a hardware problem?

I'm hoping there's a solution besides a replacement because Verizon is saying it won't replace it because they say if it's a physical problem than I must have been the one to cause it.

Thanks

j10leon

Reaction score
Hey I had the same problem as you! It would focus once in a blue moon but most of the time it wouldnt!! I restore to factory settings/rom and even unrooted with no luck whatsoever. So I ended up taking my phone to verizon and they replaced my phone. The only problem is that they give you refurbished one. Which gave me another problem so went back again and got another refurbished and up until now it has not given any type of problem. If you do return your phone make sure you unroot and return it to factory settings or it will void your warranty. ;)

AKLandcruiser

Reaction score
I've been battling the auto focus problem for weeks now and just now after reading this thread I opened up my third party camera app to see if I could get the focus to work. At first I experienced the same focus problem but then after becoming frustrated I half tapped the camera button a dozen times really fast and Low and Behold everything came into focus and now it works like it should on the first half tap. Hopefully this info will help someone else with this problem because I've been pulling my hair out over this.

OP
jfit400

jfit400

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I posted this problem a long time ago but I never really followed through

First, I went to verizon, where they wouldn't replace it, saying i must have done it myself
but recently I went to another store, where they replaced my phone for free
so if anyone else has a similar issue, that may be your best bet

thanks for the help

L4m3st0n3

Reaction score
funny, i just tapped the shutter button half way like 20 times and now it's working as well...

foamdelay

Reaction score
I've had the OG since it came out... my camera hasn't focused at all in months.

It was flaky for a while, but eventually stopped working altogether.

I'm reasonably sure that it's hardware related, probably from being dropped so many times :)