Camera Videos to big to send

Dolfan

Reaction score
I was wondering what you have to do to be able to send/forward videos that you make using your phone, I have made videos and when attempting to send them to friends it automatically says file to large to send...how or what do I have to do to change this, or is there a time size I need to stop the video at if my intentions are to send them as an attachment to friends ?

Bob

thechom80

Reaction score
I was wondering what you have to do to be able to send/forward videos that you make using your phone, I have made videos and when attempting to send them to friends it automatically says file to large to send...how or what do I have to do to change this, or is there a time size I need to stop the video at if my intentions are to send them as an attachment to friends ?

Bob

Same issue here. My buddies are always sending me vids from their phones, some being 2 minutes long. I can't even send a 30 sec clip. What gives?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, I've noticed several people discuss this and tried it myself. Apparently the limit on a video sent is 30 seconds. Definitely not a plus for the Droid.

tehpriest

Reaction score
Is this a phone limit or a email provider limit. I know Hotmail has a 1mb limit for attachments and so do many others. I just open the webmail page of my mailserver and send from there.

Last edited:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The default send option for handcent can be changed, at first it's really small but can be moved up to 1MB. The videos from the droid are not all that big. If you have handcent try that.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
The problem is that the Droid has higher quality video than those other phones. Go into the settings and change the quality to the appropriately named Low (for MMS Messages).

OP
Dolfan

Dolfan

Reaction score
The problem is that the Droid has higher quality video than those other phones. Go into the settings and change the quality to the appropriately named Low (for MMS Messages).

That worked...lowering the quality to low allowed me to send a vid..thanks!

Bob