Why can't we send/receive videos?

Kolaz

Reaction score
My friends always try and send me video messages through MMS and vice versa, and I am never able to send or receive them. Why is this? I usually get some error message about bandwidth or something. WTF?

R1Lover

Reaction score
Is your phone stock? or have you modified it?

I can send and receive videos just fine.

jawa6969

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue. Not sure if its a Verizon issue or Droid. My wife has a BB Storm and when she attempts to send me an MMS, my phone never receives it. She can send to other Verizon users and they get it, so that makes me doubt the Verizon issue. On her Storm, when she sends an MMS or SMS, a little D appears next to the checkmark, indicating a successful send. Only when she MMS's me, the little checkmark never shows.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those of you who are having problems receiving MMS videos may want to do a factory reset. This will not lose your apps, you'll just have to sign into things again. This is the only solution I'm finding for this issue.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
My friends always try and send me video messages through MMS and vice versa, and I am never able to send or receive them. Why is this? I usually get some error message about bandwidth or something. WTF?
If you get a message about file size then you probably have the video quality settings set too high. Make sure you're using "Low (for MMS messages)" for the quality and "30 seconds (for MMS)" for the duration.

jkayner

Reaction score
i think there is also a setting on your verizon account to not allow mms messaging. Call verizon and ask them.

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
hookbill, how do we do the factory reset and not loose all our apps and contacts? Can you or someone please explain step by step? Also, will this help with the Picasa issue as well? I don't have it on my device either.Thanks

warrior21

Reaction score
hookbill, how do we do the factory reset and not loose all our apps and contacts? Can you or someone please explain step by step? Also, will this help with the Picasa issue as well? I don't have it on my device either.Thanks
I backed up all my apps with astro. After the factory reset the first app I redownloaded from the market was astro and I went right back into it and brought up all the saved apps. You can reinstall them from there. Your paid apps will be saved in the market. You can go to downloads and they will say purchased, so you just redownload them. I'm sure there are other ways to do it but this way worked fine for me. All your contacts are safe in your google account so as soon as you sync your contacts, calendar, and picasa they should transfer over with no issue

Last edited:

eliassami5

Reaction score
A factory reset will wipe all data including apps from your phone. If you dont want to loose your apps then you need to back them up using Astro file manager or other app backup programs available in the market. I personally use Astro and has worked flawlessly for me, have used titanium backup when i was rooted and it didnt work as well as Astro did.

Make sure you turn auto sync on before you do a factory reset so all your contacts will be saved on your google account.

antyoo

Reaction score
when i did a factory reset as soon as i put in my google account information, all my apps, paid and free, were automatically downloaded. there was no need for me to back them up.

FLE

Reaction score
I do not have and never had a problem sending or receiving mms,smm.