Camera flash problem

blunted

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone else has this problem...

The flash on my camera seems to go off a second too early compared to when the actual picture is taken. As a result the picture looks as though there was no flash at all!

Anybody here help me?

OP
B

blunted

Reaction score
hmmmmm good idea. im gonna work on that and see what happens. its off right now.

OP
B

blunted

Reaction score
another thing i have noticed thats different with the telus verison of milestone in comparison to the uk version is the camera interface. Much quicker and cleaner to use but this flash problems is killing me.

OP
B

blunted

Reaction score
flash lag problem went away with a quick reset.

kevcruz092

Reaction score
I also have the same flash problem.. Its killing me!

How do I change the red eye setting or how do I fix the flash problem?

roys

Reaction score
I just noticed that my Motorola Milestone does the exactly same thing yesterday.

While I take photo at ultra low lighting condition (almost fully dark) with built-in flash light, the flash light like flashing faster than the picture is taken, and result in an incomplete photo taken.

In my case, my milestone got the problem when the battery level is about 30~40%. When I plugged the powercord or charge it over 40%, the problem really gone. But if I unplug it and leave it lower than 40% (say 30%), the problem re-appeared immediately.

After doing some google search, I found that the problem most likely appear when the battery level is low (lower than around 30~40%), and the flash light will not flashing properly (not sync with the shutter).

In addition, I search from either Hong Kong forum or somewhere, many peoples claim that they don't have such problem but only a few number of peoples have (not sure if everyone test it when the battery level is low).

In Hong Kong, there is some guys even tested 3-4 milestone and both of them have the same problem (when the battery level reached 30~40%), so I don't know if it is a hardware fault or just a software bug.

OP
B

blunted

Reaction score
that is in fact the problem. its quite annoying seeing as how the battery isnt the greatest. not sure what to do. i still have my 30 day return however i have unlocked the phone and im sure they wont take it now. :(

roys

Reaction score
that is in fact the problem. its quite annoying seeing as how the battery isnt the greatest. not sure what to do. i still have my 30 day return however i have unlocked the phone and im sure they wont take it now. :(

The problem is very weired.
Seems we should know that the flash light of our milestone will be "turned off" by the driver for power saving feature when the battery level is 10% or below.

But today, my milestone can still use the flash light when the battery level is just 5%. Also, I found that the actual battery level showing in the API (or setting->status) is not so accuracy. I tried charge it from 20% to 30%, and the flash light is working well. Then I rebooted it and found that the battery level is changed to 50% suddenly.

Which mean that the LED flash light driver will determine the actual battery level "itself" without using the API to decide if the flash light should operate as normal, partial, or even turn off. That's also why sometime I can use the flash light very well when the battery level is lower than 30%, whereas I cannot use it sometime when even more than 50%. It also implies that every devices have different "random" battery level threshold of the flash light not working.

viola

Reaction score
I have the same problem on my Motorola Droid. It's taking super crappy pictures and I'm really worried right now..

If I charge my phone, will the problem go away?

roys

Reaction score
I have the same problem on my Motorola Droid. It's taking super crappy pictures and I'm really worried right now..

yeah, if you charge it up more than 40%, the problem will probably go away. If you fully charge it, the problem must gone.

But please remind that the problem will re-appear when your battery level drain to about 30~40%

viola

Reaction score

yeah, if you charge it up more than 40%, the problem will probably go away. If you fully charge it, the problem must gone.

But please remind that the problem will re-appear when your battery level drain to about 30~40%

*BIG SIGH OF RELIEF*

whooo.. thanks!
the problem seems to be gone:)

jiffypophead

Reaction score
i don't want a temporary fix.. .. its ridiculous! should be fixed permanently!! it's not like i carry my charger aorund me.. and by night time, my battery is under 30-40% and i'll need to use the flash function!!

this is driving me crazy!!!

Jmart922

Reaction score
yes this is an issue that I am also having, but I hadn't really looked into, interesting find about how the battery percentage affects this, I will check this out on my phone, I really thought it was an issue with the hardware itself, but then again the droidlight app works fine, so I thought it was the software, but I just coudlnt narrow why it was happening, anyone get a fix for this yet? Or am I just SOL