Camera

cadman

Reaction score
I have a moto droid, I looked at the model number and all it says is Droid. The problem I am having is my camera will not take a picture. It will flash, act like it has taken a picture, you know it gets the frame still like it took the pic but when you look in the gallery they are just black box, it will not take a picture... Someone please help.

TRAINSHO

Reaction score
maybe the same but not sure, tho after a reboot my pictures were there, now it the camera is acting real slow and hanging, and I have read that formating (BACK UP TO PC HARD DRIVE) THE sd card this problem and yours go away.???

in the middle of copying all the SD to my pc at the moment then will format SD card from clockworkmod in recovery.......... will post my results....

rooted droid1 ss4.8 ulv1.0 rom

ps I also downloaded a camera replacement app called camera 360 and it seems to work better then stock. Its only been on the ph for an hour so not much use as of yet..... but It sure has nice easy to use features and lots of them...

not much but some info hope this helps jwh

JimmXinu

Reaction score
Twice now I've had the same problem as cadman. Camera acts like it took a picture, but it showed empty dark frame in gallery, and when I looked at the image files on the card, they were 0 length. Force stopping both the camera and gallery apps didn't help. But in both cases, shutting down the whole phone and restarting it restored camera function. Not a very convenient solution. Verizon Moto Droid, Android 2.2

TRAINSHO

Reaction score
ok formating the SD card (back up to PC first) did help the disappearing gallery photo's but the camera is still slow as molasses using camera 360 as a replacement app is way better but still NOT just perfect .... I am now believing that most of the trouble started when I filled up my SD card....... its still loaded with apps. (as like most, I just can't live with out them LOL) looking into getting a bigger SD card..... jess

Darkseider

Reaction score
I have been having problems with my camera for MONTHS. Seems no matter what ROM, Kernel or Camera App I use it has the black screen/slow/locking up problem. The only way the camera has worked well is with the stock ROM and stock kernel, for me anyway. If anyone has any other suggestions I am all eyes/ears.