Not open for further replies.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This works and sounds crazy.

I just read that if you clean the camera lens really good with a soft cloth you will get the green focus.

I'll give anything a try so I did it. My camera now focus's all the time. Green focus on all my shots.

Supposedly there is a little bit of oily film over the lens and when wiped clean it fixes the issue.

give it a shot and report here. I can tell you it worked lol...

4 shots, all green....

-----
MOD EDIT: Here is the official word from Google was to why the Auto Focus started working correctly today: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/3616-droid-camera-fix-what-we-know-now.html

Last edited by a moderator:

mike_kauble

Reaction score
Ummmm. . . wow.

That seems to have actually worked. lol

NICE! I'm scanning barcodes right and left, and have a bunch of pics of my messy office to prove it.

Don't ask why I'm at work at 10:03pm. Just accept it for what it is. ;-)

CreditGod

Reaction score
It does work

I just cleaned mine and i got 6 for 6 green shots great find

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Ummmm. . . wow.

That seems to have actually worked. lol

NICE! I'm scanning barcodes right and left, and have a bunch of pics of my messy office to prove it.

Don't ask why I'm at work at 10:03pm. Just accept it for what it is. ;-)
hahaha I know it's crazy......

mypantsaretorn

Reaction score
my camera has never been TOO bad.. but i would get the occasional red corners... so i tried wiping the camera lense with my t-shirt and. 10-10 green corners.. haha.. cant believe this worked!

ChrisK15

Reaction score
Haha, I think it's a coincidence. They must've updated silently, because my camera works great now, and before it never did. Doesn't matter if it's clean or not.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I LOVE YOU! I thought I did this already, but when i added alittle water to the equation to wipe away anything possibly on it, it F'ing worked. WOW! You win my vote.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I LOVE YOU! I thought I did this already, but when i added alittle water to the equation to wipe away anything possibly on it, it F'ing worked. WOW! You win my vote.
LMFAO I knew you would like this one.

The camera focus had you in fits hahahahaha

ChrisK15

Reaction score
My friend just tried Barcode Scanner and autofocus works perfectly now. I noticed the camera working before out of nowhere too. Not to say a clean lens isn't better, but they must've done something.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My friend just tried Barcode Scanner and autofocus works perfectly now. I noticed the camera working before out of nowhere too. Not to say a clean lens isn't better, but they must've done something.

If they did then they win also. But most people are reporting they still have the same build #, firmware #, and everything else. So if they did i'm happy, i know this was one of the things that MOST people had issues with. i'm just happy one of the two worked, because now i can finally use shopsavvy without issues. :)

kev83202

Reaction score
Funny how somthing so simple can work, I hadn't EVER had mine turn green but works every time now.

ChrisK15

Reaction score
Yeah it's awesome, the camera on this is really good. It gets focus better than my digital camera now, in the dark. I did update ShopSavvy, and one of the notes said it fixed operation on the Droid. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah it's awesome, the camera on this is really good. It gets focus better than my digital camera now, in the dark. I did update ShopSavvy, and one of the notes said it fixed operation on the Droid. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

When they updated shopsavvy i could after that scan at maybe a 35-45% success rate. Now it's 100% everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.