Camera Fix and it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFMDroid

Reaction score
OK, there HAD to have been an OTA update. I mean, I just tested out my camera BEFORE trying this, just to make sure I could find a spot in my place that gave me red every time...and I got green every time! I've owned the phone for a week and I had green maybe 3 or 4 times total.

I did do a factory reset last night, but out of the box last week, I was getting red every time. This is so weird.

Luxferro

Reaction score
Thanks!!

This works for me too. Before I would be like 4/10 for green. now I am like 10/10!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK, there HAD to have been an OTA update. I mean, I just tested out my camera BEFORE trying this, just to make sure I could find a spot in my place that gave me red every time...and I got green every time! I've owned the phone for a week and I had green maybe 3 or 4 times total.

I did do a factory reset last night, but out of the box last week, I was getting red every time. This is so weird.

Well it was also reported that hard resets did fix it for some, it was just a defect in the software, once reloaded it worked.

J

JohnDroid

Amazing, just got green corners consistently over and over for the first time. How simple!

kev83202

Reaction score
This might be the funniest fix of all time. All those reviews showing the camera not focusing could have been avoided if we all would just CLEAN UP OUR DANG PHONES!

kev83202

Reaction score

Just read on another forum a guy had cleaned his phone really well before he started using it. He always had green bars and though he just had a good unit. I can't get over how funny this is :greendroid:

Luxferro

Reaction score
Kinda sad Motorola didn't catch this. You'd think they would do some kind of failure analysis after hearing how widespread the problem is. And then there is the leaked Verizon updates that included a fix for the camera...lol

AFMDroid

Reaction score
Lol, guys, this has nothing to do with cleaning the camera. It's just a coincidence. Lots of people's cameras "suddenly" started working, including mine. I tried it before cleaning, and green corners every time.

Luxferro

Reaction score
Lol, guys, this has nothing to do with cleaning the camera. It's just a coincidence. Lots of people's cameras "suddenly" started working, including mine. I tried it before cleaning, and green corners every time.

It's not coincidence when everyone who has posted it works, has previously spent a nice chunk of time trying things to get it to work correcly, and seldom getting green bars. Then after reading a post, and cleaning the lens with my t-shirt I get green bars constantly.

AFMDroid

Reaction score

It's not coincidence when everyone who has posted it works, has previously spent a nice chunk of time trying things to get it to work correcly, and seldom getting green bars. Then after reading a post, and cleaning the lens with my t-shirt I get green bars constantly.
Did you previously try right before you cleaned it, or do you mean during the past week? I'm telling you, my camera never focused...if I saw green, it was a miracle. I just tried it now when I read this, and it's ALWAYS green without having cleaned a thing...and I'm not the only one, based on what I'm hearing from people on other forums.

J

JohnDroid

Did you previously try right before you cleaned it, or do you mean during the past week? I'm telling you, my camera never focused...if I saw green, it was a miracle. I just tried it now when I read this, and it's ALWAYS green without having cleaned a thing...and I'm not the only one, based on what I'm hearing from people on other forums.

I took 3 pics earlier today and got red bars, so if its a silent update it had to have been in the past 5 hours or so....

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

AFM my camera was hit and miss before cleaning. I attempted a shot before cleaning and got the red tabs...

If flipping the phone 2x counter clockwise works so be it. Who cares how crazy it is. If it works it works.

No idea why people dispute what is in fact working. It is what it is.

AFMDroid

Reaction score
AFM my camera was hit and miss before cleaning. I attempted a shot before cleaning and got the red tabs...

If flipping the phone 2x counter clockwise works so be it. Who cares how crazy it is. If it works it works.

No idea why people dispute what is in fact working. It is what it is.
No, of course man. If it works, it works. Point taken. I'm just a big geek, I suppose, and the idea that an OTA software fix patched this right up is pretty cool to me...mostly I'm just happy to have a working camera now.

Status
Not open for further replies.