Camera app won't run

KG86

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum so bear with me. My apologies in advance if this issue was already solved.

I have a Motorola Droid and recently my camera app has stopped working. Every time I try to open it, the screen goes black and it asks me to force quit or report the issue. I've reported the issue and tried a battery pull but the issue remains. The only button that works is the home key. Can someone help? Thanks!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pro Paint camera is a camera app in the market you can grab for free. Does that also fc's the camera when you use that?

You may have installed an app that is causing a conflict.

Have you rooted your phone, changing it from stock?

You can try uninstalling recently installed apps to see if that works. There is a factory reset option too.

The Search and Menu keys don't work ever on the phone, or is it only the home key that works while the camera app is open?

OP
K

KG86

Reaction score
The same thing happens with the pro paint camera app. :(

No, my phone is not rooted. The only app I downloaded recently that might have caused the problem was Layar. My phone crashed for the first time after I downloaded that. I immediately uninstalled it but I think the damage was already done.

The home key is the only button that works when the camera app is running. All keys work fine in any other app.

Any other ideas?