Camera App Recommendations?

billyk

Reaction score
I had purchased Pro Zoom for my D1 too. Didn't like it enough to even try it on my Bionic. Camera Zoom Fx is quite different. Much better IMO.

Standalone010

Reaction score
I've used Vingette and Camera Zoom FX both on my D2. I tried both out, and for some reason, when zooming in on Vignette, it's a bit blurrier than Camera Zoom FX. Also, Camera Zoom FX seems to take pictures faster with better quality if you ask me.

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
I have the camera zoom fx tons better than bionic stock app

Sent from my Rooted Droid Bionic

OP
Lakilaulea

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I just reinstalled Camerazoom. I set it up to save to my external SD like I did last time. Hopefully I wont get any corrupted files again.... I keep hearing good things about them and when it's working on my phone it works great, but it just wasn't saving half the pics I was taking. So, **crossing fingers**

scdown

Reaction score
I'm hoping the ICS camera app will run on GB, would love to give that a try before ICS or a custom ICS ROM comes to the Bionic!

haupman

Reaction score
I also bought the Camera Xoom FX app for $5 and it is fantastic. I think it takes care of everyone's complaints about the stock camera. If anyone else has it differs with this opinion, please let me know.

OP
Lakilaulea

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I'm hoping the ICS camera app will run on GB, would love to give that a try before ICS or a custom ICS ROM comes to the Bionic!

What's the ICS camera app supposed to be like?

OP
Lakilaulea

Lakilaulea

Reaction score

Awesome!! My biggest complaint with the stock camera was shutter lag. I bought several camera apps just to try to get rid of that lag. Do you think this would be the camera included in our ICS update, or would we (unrooted folk) get a skinned version?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Awesome!! My biggest complaint with the stock camera was shutter lag. I bought several camera apps just to try to get rid of that lag. Do you think this would be the camera included in our ICS update, or would we (unrooted folk) get a skinned version?

The articles imply that if you have ICS, that's what you'll have for your stock camera. If I'm wrong I'm sure there'll be ways to correct that. Heck, on my OG Droid when it had Eclair there was links on this forum for the Froyo gallery long before I had Froyo.

Reaction score
Action snap pro and Pro HDR Camera work for me. Action snap probably wasnt worth the money but to me, is an improvement over the stock camera ap. As for PRO HDR, holy cow!! What a great camera app! It takes such beautiful photos and the HDR photos have the most amazing depth of field and its easy to take awesome photos or you can go full manual and make them even better. Very happy.

I think you just sold me on giving it a try. :)

haupman

Reaction score
Has anyone compared the picture quality of Pro HDR vs Zoom Camera?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone compared the picture quality of Pro HDR vs Zoom Camera?

While quality is important, what you want the camera for is also important. The Pro HDR takes 4 pictures and combines them into one excellent picture, but how will that work if you're take a picture of animals, people or any action? Zoom Camera takes just one, but may be more useful. The review that I posted earlier shows Pro HDR in action and the video seen in the Android Market are all still life or landscapes. Fantastic pictures I'll admit, but most of stuff I take are of people.

Beka27

Reaction score
Camera Zoom FX is only .25 on the Android Market right now (regularly $5), not sure for how long tho, so if you want to try it you may want to go grab it now. We downloaded it last night and it has some really neat options.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
While you're at it, get Paper Camera for 49 cents. It does some fun effects like sketching, neon and so on "on the fly." It recently added the effects to movies.