Camera - Advertised 1080p but only 720p in the video

Dallasguy7

Reaction score
This phone is advertised with a 1080p HD camera.
But when in the video mode and looking at the settings it only gives a choice for 720p.
Is this normal or am I not understanding something?

JohnDa

Reaction score
You should have the option for 1080p (I do). The setting for resolution is scrollable, so scroll to the very top and you should see 1080p or HD+.

OP
D

Dallasguy7

Reaction score
Yes, I tried that and I don't have the 1080p option.

OP
D

Dallasguy7

Reaction score
Never Mind.......... I was looking in the wrong place.
It's correct now.

nednarb

Reaction score
doesn't help you much, but all i do is go video camera hit the button bottom left hit the gear? symbol and boom resolution with hd+ (1080P).

OP
D

Dallasguy7

Reaction score
Where did you find the option? I have double-checked the "gear" menu, and 720 is the highest resolution option I have.

Yes, that's the deceptive part.
When you see the 720, just use your finger to scroll up (or down) and you will see it there.

asdfbrendan

Reaction score
I've already tried that. I am able to scroll down and see lower resolution choices, but 720p is the highest option.

militant

Reaction score
Crappy SD card maybe? I've got an old 4gb micro from my blackberry curve in there... I can record 1080p and have it selectable on the menu. You're not the first person I've heard of having this issue.

asdfbrendan

Reaction score
Hadn't considered that. Although, I have tried switching storage to internal then adjusting the resolution, but no dice.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I've already tried that. I am able to scroll down and see lower resolution choices, but 720p is the highest option.

You may want to try again. Even though 720 may look like it is at the top of the menu try scrolling the list up and down again. I think it's very strange that your camera app doesn't have that setting. This is the stock camera app, right?

asdfbrendan

Reaction score
I agree, it is very strange :) Yes, I am using the default camera app. I know I'm looking at the whole list because it give me that slight blue "shading" at the top and bottom; definitely no 1080p.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Maybe try clearing the Camera app's data via settings > applications. You'll probably have to reset all of your settings. If that doesn't work...factory reset maybe.

asdfbrendan

Reaction score
Good suggestion, I hadn't thought of that. Unfortunately, that didn't work either. I'm hoping there's a solution aside from a factory reset. The only other thing I can think to try is formatting the SD card. I simply pulled the old one out of my original Droid a few days ago when I got my phone. I didn't format the SD card or anything...

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Have you tried taking out the SD card and seeing if you have the setting?