Camera - Advertised 1080p but only 720p in the video

asdfbrendan

Reaction score
Just tried that and it didn't work. I also tried another 1GB SD card I had. I formatted it, but I still dont have the 1080p option.

asdfbrendan

Reaction score
I'm currently speaking w/ Motorola support. I'll see if they can shed any light on the issue. I'll be sure to post w/ an update...

asdfbrendan

Reaction score
My initial chat w/ the Motorola representative wasn't terribly helpful. According to his documentation, the max resolution is 720p, so I had to point out the 1080p on Motorola's own website as well as the fact that it says it on the phone itself. He said the issue would be forwarded to engineering and they will contact me via email. Will update later.

asdfbrendan

Reaction score
SOLVED!

Well, sort of. I found out the reason the 1080p option isn't available. I use my phone for corporate email. One of the settings the Exchange server enforces is storage device encryption. As a result of said encryption, the phone is only able to record up to 720p. After performing a factory reset and walking through the setup again, I noticed a warning this time around about HD video when encryption was enabled. Since I need my phone for work related email, and encryption is required, I'll just have to settle for 720p.

driodwho

Reaction score
I have the same problem 1080 no show

I got to the point of went to return it at the store, but the sales person scrolled up and down and got the HD option, even though I did the same thing so many times it did not show, with or without the sd card. I came home with it since it then showed the HD options. A couple of days later. It happened again, my HD options would not show no matter what. And my camera froze my phone twice already the less than a week I had it. I had to remove the battery and start the phone again each time. I am seriously unhappy with the camera on this phone! I also have the bluish tint on the pictures taken, we took a picture of the Verizon red wall at the store and it came out reddish purple, and the shutter delay was so long it was a joke! I could never get a picture the way I wanted it. MY old dumb LG phone was low res,, but was fast, the color was right and it never gave me any problems. I am going to return this one and hope for a better replacement.

Or if anyone knows a Driod phone that has a good camera please let me know. I am seriously unhappy with Motorola Android 3's camera!!!

akhi216

Reaction score
I don't know. When I got the phone I saw the 1080p HD on the camera lens and I wanted to test it. To my dismay at the time, all that I saw was 720p in settings. I immediately scratched Motorola off my list for future phones as I'm coming from an HTC EVO Shift 4G on Sprint that unhonestly displays a 3G icon for both 3G and 1X and that's the reason that I moved on to Motorola. Then as I was playing with the camera in camera settings, I accidentally swiped my finger downward and saw the 1080p button. One couldn't see it and would have no way of knowing it was there unless they were informed that it was there or were an Android expert.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

ssav999

Reaction score
Thank You!

SOLVED!

Well, sort of. I found out the reason the 1080p option isn't available. I use my phone for corporate email. One of the settings the Exchange server enforces is storage device encryption. As a result of said encryption, the phone is only able to record up to 720p. After performing a factory reset and walking through the setup again, I noticed a warning this time around about HD video when encryption was enabled. Since I need my phone for work related email, and encryption is required, I'll just have to settle for 720p.

I've spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out why I had the same problem. After unencryption, 1080p became possible. Thank you so much!! :)