Calling all developers. Need a few tips in the right direction on developing!

Insidious

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals, I've been planning on starting up a little developing project (nothing big until I start getting on a roll) for a ROM I call Insidious for the Droid 2 Global. If you've seen the movie, I want to give it a demonic badass theme. And no I am not Satanic :b. Anyway, id like a few pointers on ROM developing (I'm no dummy but I'm not quite sure where to start.) My ideas for it are to have it GB based, the bootanimation to be the big red 'Insidious' lettering at the begginning and end of the movie, it to be stripped down blur, keep the dock, and launcher but theme it black/red/orange/firey. A few fun things id do is go into the build.prop and edit it so the Android version number is 4.0 ICS, Change the 3G data symbol to say 4g lte using metamorph. Anyway I've got more ideas but I want to give you guys some food for thought on how to make this happen. So developers, themers, smart people, please any input is appreciated, and I hope I can make this ROM happen :)

P.S ill try to find a picture of what the bootanimation is going to look like just so you have an idea.

Sent from my Droid Prime using DroidForums

Genetics

Reaction score
Just reading your post..and well one thing really stuck out.."Sent from my Droid Prime".
Got something you would like to tell us?

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Oh haha THAT? I changed my model number from Droid 2 Global to Droid Prime and the droid forums app uses your phone model for your signature and I forgot to change it to a different signature. Sorry guys new Droid Prime :/

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Honestly I would start by theming. Find a GB based rom and theme it.
Start creating the images and setting it up from there.
This will also get you use to some of the basic software.

Sending PM.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Honestly I would start by theming. Find a GB based rom and theme it.
Start creating the images and setting it up from there.
This will also get you use to some of the basic software.

Sending PM.

I agree with that, otherwise you end up like me..... Know how to make a rom but SUCK at theming it. If you still want it to be blur based then do some research into some of the modifications you can do for speed/performance (mostly limited to sysctl tweaks with the locked bootloader) otherwise it turns out to be a glorified stock rom.

because copy/pasting a few app tutorials makes something a school apparently.....

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Okay i guess your right

I guess you guys are riht. ill try theming for cm7 :b

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I'm considering drawing up a D3 theme for OTA/soak gingerbread for D2G now that this is brought up. Though whether I actually get around to it depends on how busy I am, and chances are, it might end up scrapped.

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
I'm considering drawing up a D3 theme for OTA/soak gingerbread for D2G now that this is brought up. Though whether I actually get around to it depends on how busy I am, and chances are, it might end up scrapped.

I might be able to help! I do have an X2 if there's any way that would be of use for icons and such.

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

If you wanting a D3 I can do it real quick, Its pretty much the same as I already have for hexen. Just put the correct battery back in. And rename a few files.
It can be done by this weekend without any problems!

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Oh really? Didn't know theming was that quick! Ah well, once the bionic hits ill grab the system dump and try to whip something up including the bootanimation. Do you have any tips on theming?

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Only reason why theming a d3 theme would be quick is because I already have it for another rom (see sig) besides that it can take a while. Depends on how much you want to do. The only I redo everything can take 2-4 weeks depending how much time i get.
But using images that already been themed saves alot of time. and of course the more you do the faster it becomes. I think my first theme was between 1 to 2 months!

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh really? Didn't know theming was that quick! Ah well, once the bionic hits ill grab the system dump and try to whip something up including the bootanimation. Do you have any tips on theming?

I take it you didnt like my email?

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Thanks for the input here guys I am going to start working on a Droid Bionic theme which I will make a new thread about!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums