Call Recording App Help

Deepaksethi

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Adroid
As per my knowledge Android phone has in build voice recording app.Usually i use this app for sort time.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
As per my knowledge Android phone has in build voice recording app.Usually i use this app for sort time.
Your knowledge of Android phones would be incorrect. An application needs to be installed or tweaks via Xposed framework. Some manufacturers may include a recording app but the Android OS itself doesn't contain any Voice Recording software like this.

torikul

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5
Twitter
@AppOfTheDayUS
I use Call Recorder ACR and it works great. You can set it up so that it automatically starts recording as soon as you answer or make a call. It's currently not active on my device as I only needed it a few times when speaking to my Dr last month, but it worked really well those few times I needed it.
Call Recorder - ACR - Android Apps on Google Play
Good luck!

S5 tap'n
May I get the app link that you are talking about?

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Can I get the app link that you are talking about?
Which post are you replying to? Several apps were mentioned.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

torikul

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5
Twitter
@AppOfTheDayUS
Which post are you replying to? Several apps were mentioned.

Hi Sajok,
I'm sorry I forgotten to quote. It was a big mistake.

torikul

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5
Twitter
@AppOfTheDayUS
So which one were you wanting to quote?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Hi Mustang,
I already edited my old post and mentioned him into the post.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Hi Mustang,
I already edited my old post and mentioned him into the post.
Did you see his link? It goes directly to the play store for the app.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I know this was said in one form or another here (and in other similar threads), but I wish to make it perfectly clear... recording of phone calls is a very slippery slope. In the following link you'll see under the subheading United States that with regard to wiretapping laws (as is so with so many other laws), the states are far from United. Telephone recording laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So there are one party notification states, two party notification states (and a variation which is termed 'all party'), and then there are examples where laws in those states differ depending on the circumstances under which the conversation is taking place. Furthermore, calls recorded from a one party state but involve one or more parties from two or all party states will likely be subject to the stiffer laws of those two or all party states. It's safe to say that in all cases if you notify all parties blatantly at the beginning of the call that it is being recorded, and no others join the call uninformed you will avoid a potential catastrophe.

Some states allow recording without notification under extreme circumstances such as where the call involves threats or crimes being committed against the party doing the recording (or their family members), but like any situation where you elect to 'take the law into your own hands' you need to be aware of the potential consequences.

Here's a list that, although thorough is by no means meant to be construed as 100% accurate and which goes state by state to detail that state's laws regarding the recording of phone calls. State-by-state guide | Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press. Remember that interstate communications are handled differently so erring on the side of caution (the strictest law of all states in the call), is highly advised.

There are some cases where a call was call-forwarded from a one party state, and to or through an all party state (work number forwarded to home for instance), and the courts deemed the call to be an all party call. Even more complicated is the cellular phone. You could call someone who you know resides in a one party state, but they have traveled to an all party state and you call their Alabama cell phone number but they're vacationing in California. In that situation again it may be decided by the court that the all party state rule now applies.

Otherwise, if you intend to covertly (i.e. without notification), record calls, or even if you notify one or all original parties, but subsequently fall to notify another party that joins the call (such as if the one notified hands the phone to another unknowingly and by that act you covertly record that uninformed party), you could be subject to severe criminal and civil penalties including state and/or federal prosecution, fines, incarceration, and even punitive damages to the other parties. There are even laws regarding eavesdropping variations where parties overheard in the phone call due to being within within earshot of the phone and that party is unknowingly recorded, you could potentially suffer the same consequences as if they were on the call directly. What I'm saying here is you may not set out to break the law, and yet through circumstances you are totally unaware of you still may.

Finally, since laws change and they are also subject to interpretation and litigation, all which could result in a landmark decision that goes against you, there really is only one completely safe path to choose - that is to not record phone calls at all.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Finally, since laws change and they are also subject to interpretation and litigation, all which could result in a landmark decision that goes against you, there really is only one completely safe path to choose - that is to not record phone calls at all.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

+1.