Call recorder?

shizumie

Reaction score
On my tbolt i had das bamf wich came with a great call recording app. It would record both ends of call without using speaker phone. Only problem is it is made for htc devices and i cant seem to get it to work on razr.
Does anyone know of a app that will record both ends without using speaker. Dont mind paying i just need it.
Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
shizumie

shizumie

Reaction score
K thanks. Most i read on said speakerphone only.. ill look some more. Thanks

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
K thanks. Most i read on said speakerphone only.. ill look some more. Thanks

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I don't believe Motorola allows recording while on a call (except via speakerphone). They have it blocked from what I have read. I am curious myself, but in my state (PA), you can't legally record a conversation unless ALL parties in the conversation are aware of the conversation being recorded. In other states (such as nearby NJ), only one party must be aware. In that state, if you are recording the call that you are on with someone else and you are aware that you are recording the call, but the other party is not, that's still legal. It's only illegal in that state for someone to record a conversation where none of those being recorded are aware of same.

Motorola may have done this to protect themselves from being included in some type of lawsuit.

Anyone can chime in here and refute, dispute, or otherwise clear up any misconceptions on my part.

OP
shizumie

shizumie

Reaction score
Yup spot on about laws.. in my state it is legal as long as one party is aware and both phone numbers originate in the same state or a state with similer law.
If moto has put a stop to this on their phones, then that sux! I want a nex.. hate the locked bootloader and normally blur... but i must admit.. i am really enjoying this phone. However i need the call recorder....

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yup spot on about laws.. in my state it is legal as long as one party is aware and both phone numbers originate in the same state or a state with similer law.
If moto has put a stop to this on their phones, then that sux! I want a nex.. hate the locked bootloader and normally blur... but i must admit.. i am really enjoying this phone. However i need the call recorder....

Don't know if your phones (those sold in your state) have the same restricitons as those sold here in PA, but I would bet the company chose to err on the side of caution. If not, then people like me could go over the bridge to NJ, buy a phone at a phone center store there, then take it back over the bridge and do the call recording - thereby circumventing the company's attempts to avoid litigation.

I do know there are other phones that still allow recording. Frankly they all should be allowed to record, but when recording they should require a prompt before recording starts, which is played once the 2nd party answers, and then an ongoing "beep" tone to remind/alert both parties that the call is being recorded. This would all but eliminate the risks that someone is recorded covertly. To further protect the 2nd party, the phone could require they press a code provided to them by text message (or verbally on their end only) that unless entered would prevent the call from being recorded. If it were a text, the originating party (me), would not know the code so I couldn't press it for them. If it were a voice prompt in their ear only, again there would be no way for me to know what that code is.

Mark_79

Reaction score
Google Voice lets you record calls just by pressing the number four during the call. Even transcribes them for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Voice lets you record calls just by pressing the number four during the call. Even transcribes them for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Interesting... Didn't know that. Only problem is the call has to originate on Google Voice. It's a shame you can't switch mid call. Still, I'll have to try it out. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums