Calibrate battery?

chad_petree

Reaction score
Lately my battery doesnt charge well, it actually charges faster in 45-50 minutes and of course it DEPLETES faster , i know u can type some commands in the terminal to "recalibrate" the battery , can someone post the instructions?

ShowTime

Reaction score
I have never heard of this....

Just try letting your battery completely drain (to the point where the phone turns off... the battery won't be fully discharged but that's fine/a good thing). Then recharge to full. That's more to "calibrate" the battery indicator on the phone but it might help.
How long are you getting out of a full charge anyway and what setup are you running?

Skull One

Reaction score
Fully charge the battery, then wait an extra half hour. Delete /data/system/batterystats.bin. Use phone as normal.

MyDroid23

Reaction score
Fully charge the battery, then wait an extra half hour. Delete /data/system/batterystats.bin. Use phone as normal.

Delete /data/system/batterystats.bin What app do i do this with or is it done through terminal emulator? will this recalibrate my battery stat?

joeybarclay

Reaction score

Delete /data/system/batterystats.bin What app do i do this with or is it done through terminal emulator? will this recalibrate my battery stat?

Root explorer or terminal emulator will work. You can also do this through the advanced section of clockwork recovery

MyDroid23

Reaction score

Root explorer or terminal emulator will work. You can also do this through the advanced section of clockwork recovery

Thx! I got it done.