Navigation killing battery

Low Saturn

Reaction score
I've never really used the navigation app until recently. Yesterday I used it and noticed that with the phone plugged into the car charger and the battery icon showing that it was charging, the battery was being discharged faster than it was being charged. When I left my home and started up the navigation app, the phone was at 95%. When I got to my destination, roughly a 40 minute drive, the battery was at 45%.

Today I tried agian after restarting the phone and using a different battery. Same results. After about 40 minutes of driving around with it on the charger and the navigation app running, it lost about 50% of its charge.

Anyone else experience this?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
My car charger never has an issue keeping up and charging the device...
Do you have another charger to try?

OP
L

Low Saturn

Reaction score
My car charger never has an issue keeping up and charging the device...
Do you have another charger to try?

This one normally doesnt either. My son has sat there and watched two full length movies on the phone while on several different road trips. When we got to the destination, the phone was fully charged.

I'll grab the second charger out of my other vehicle and try that one tomorrow.

Sunnyside

Reaction score
I've seen somewhat similar behavior on my D1. Although I haven't it drain that bad. Typically my phone stays at the same, or slightly lower, batt level on a long GPS trip. If I start at say 70%, I may end up at 60% after a very long trip (2-3 hours).

I've found if you turn off sync'ing and wifi, you'll get dramatically better battery life.

OP
L

Low Saturn

Reaction score
I've found if you turn off sync'ing and wifi, you'll get dramatically better battery life.

Both those are already off on mine. I only turn on wifi if I know I'm going to be using it. Otherwise its always off.