Calendar sync...

MashedBuddha

Reaction score
Why am I required to sync a calendar to add an event? Can't I just use the calendar in the phone and add events? If I MUST sync it then how am I supposed to do that if it doesn't show me a calendar to sync with on my Droid? Under 'Accounts' and my gmail address it says Sync Contacts and Sync Gmail, but nothing else. I'm also trying to use google checkout but I can't add a credit card to purchase apps. There's no option to sync that and I have check out already set up in two different google accounts.

Last edited:
OP
M

MashedBuddha

Reaction score
I had to reset the Droid 2 to defaults, which means reactivating the phone (wasn't expecting that), and then readding my facebook and gmail and restoring from backup assistant.

Finally the calendar appears as it should. That was annoying. But it restored my downloaded apps.

sweetee

Reaction score
Interesting ..... so where or what calendar is it pulling from now? I want to try to get my outlook one synched with my phone.

solar

Reaction score
Interesting ..... so where or what calendar is it pulling from now? I want to try to get my outlook one synched with my phone.

If you want to sync your outlook with your phone's calandar, google "google calandar sync". It should be the first link, I think. this will sync your outlook with your gmail account, which in turn syncs to your droid. Your PC will have to be on to push and reeive changes. I've been using it for a long time and it works well.

WhiteSoul8

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue with my Mobile.Me calendars. From what I can gather, if I rely on Mobile.Me for my calendar system, then I have to constantly export vCal files and upload them to google.

With the programming freedom in the android App market, I'm surprised there aren't solutions to auto-syncing across various platforms.......

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why am I required to sync a calendar to add an event? Can't I just use the calendar in the phone and add events? If I MUST sync it then how am I supposed to do that if it doesn't show me a calendar to sync with on my Droid? Under 'Accounts' and my gmail address it says Sync Contacts and Sync Gmail, but nothing else. I'm also trying to use google checkout but I can't add a credit card to purchase apps. There's no option to sync that and I have check out already set up in two different google accounts.

Yep, like Solar said, set up Google Calendar on the website to sync your outlook calendar and your phone calendar. I've been doing it since December (or earlier?) and it has been flawless. I get gmail notifications and status bar notifications.

sweetee

Reaction score
Sucks to be me I guess.....I have IE 8 and can't find google mail sync that's compatible with that version. Sigh

solar

Reaction score
Sucks to be me I guess.....I have IE 8 and can't find google mail sync that's compatible with that version. Sigh

IE8? thats what most people have. besides, it doesn't matter what browser you have, it may matter what version of outlook you have. Its the first or 2nd link when you search.

sweetee

Reaction score
Apologies...trying to multi task with a toddler makes me brain dead...

I have IE 8 64 bit and Outlook 2010.... :(

solar

Reaction score
Apologies...trying to multi task with a toddler makes me brain dead...

I have IE 8 64 bit and Outlook 2010.... :(

No, problem, lol. Give it a try. Its pretty easy to setup. Let us know if you have problems.

anthony1238

Reaction score
Not sure if you fixed this yet, but I posted this on another thread....

"I had the same problem, I think it was because I didn't use the calendar before I got the phone.

The way I fixed it without doing a factory reset was to make a new gmail account, set up the calendar, and add the new account to the phone. After I did this the screen showed Contacts , Sync Gmail and Sync Calendar (which wasn't on the origional account). As soon as I did this it also added the Sync Calendar option to my origional Gmail account and everything was good. I just deleted the new account off the phone that I made after that. "

Hope this helps.

sweetee

Reaction score
Thanks all for the information unfortunately Google Calendar sync isn't compatible with my Outlook 2010 64 bit version...sigh