Cache cleaner without voiding warranty?

dyrelogan

Reaction score
Is there a cache cleaner out there that one can download without "rooting" or hacking their phone thus voiding your warranty and messing it up, possibly bricking it? I don't know why people only make useful programs for people who hack their phones. Cache cleaner is a great idea and so much faster and easier than going to each program and clearing data that way.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is there a cache cleaner out there that one can download without "rooting" or hacking their phone thus voiding your warranty and messing it up, possibly bricking it? I don't know why people only make useful programs for people who hack their phones. Cache cleaner is a great idea and so much faster and easier than going to each program and clearing data that way.
They only "make useful programs for people who hack their phones" because some of those apps can't function without root access.

OP
D

dyrelogan

Reaction score
I know. That sucks. Maybe someone will come out with a cache cleaner for us non rooters :)

OP
D

dyrelogan

Reaction score
tek, I would love to, but I read the dangers of doing that. Bricking. Voiding the warranty. If my phone goes out, breaks or anything else, Verizon won't send me a refurbished one since the warranty would be kaput.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I don't think there have been any reports of someone actually bricking a Droid. And just rooting (rather than installing a custom ROM) is even less likely to cause harm. Note that I have not rooted because I see no need to, but if you really want some of these root programs there is really no reason not to do it.

lterry913

Reaction score
cache cleaner

Inthe android market I downloaded "quick app clean cache"...it will let you clean caces one at a time if not rooted ...sounds like it would take a long time but only takes a few seconds..good luck

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Inthe android market I downloaded "quick app clean cache"...it will let you clean caces one at a time if not rooted ...sounds like it would take a long time but only takes a few seconds..good luck

Has this too, seems to work fine.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Works quite well. I use it fairly frequently to clear the cache for a number of apps. In some instances (when the app allows it) you can also clear the data.

OP
D

dyrelogan

Reaction score
That cache cleaner you mentioned sounds like the default way that already comes with the phone. You have to choose each program individually to clear the cache. I was hoping for something that lets you clear all the cache all at once. And about it being illegal to root. I don't think it is illegal. You bought the phone. You can do what you want with it. But the drawback is that if it bricks, you may have a heck of a time getting it back to factory reset. Also, if your phone breaks, and you wish to swap it out for another one, you won't be able to because Verizon won't take it back because the warranty was voided due to rooting. It sounds cool t root, and there are a lot of great programs out there, but it is not worth the risk to me.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
That cache cleaner you mentioned sounds like the default way that already comes with the phone. You have to choose each program individually to clear the cache. I was hoping for something that lets you clear all the cache all at once...

For unrooted phones the "quick app cache cleaner" just simplifies the search for excessive cache by doing a search and ordering apps in terms of their cache and/or data.

For rooted phones it provides an automated clearing feature for multiple apps. It's simply not possible to provide the latter functionality for unrooted phones.