Button Lights

calguy19

Reaction score
Updated DX from froyo to gingerbread. Button lights have a mind of their own. On froyo they would go out, but sleeping the phone and waking it up would bring back the lights. On GB, when the lights go out, they stay out. Sleeping and then waking up doesn't restore the lights. Sometimes they come back on their own - who knows why!

Anyone know how to force the button lights to come back on again without rebooting? Tried resetting or toggling display brightness, but that doesn't do it.

wyld

Reaction score
I'm having same problem I think the buttons are working with the light sensor now on gingerbread I'm rooted and I was told there is an app on the market to adjust the brightness for those buttons I'm still searching for that app

Sent from my Rooted DROIDX using DroidForums

wyld

Reaction score
And thanks again! Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

wyld

Reaction score
Nope adjbrightness didn't work I click on the button key in the app it tells me program not found or don't exist it is ok! Lol

sent from my Rooted Gingerbread DroidX using DroidForums

OP
C

calguy19

Reaction score
Thanks.

I don't want to root my phone - too many issues with that.

I tried the light sensor thing - changed ambient lighting from bright to dim, etc. Didn't make any difference.

Sound like we need an app that runs on unrooted phones that controls button lighting. I suspect other GB users will have the same problem and would like an app like that.

On unrealated topic - upgrading from froyo to GB changes contacts features. With GB, contacts no longer supports addn'l contact info like birthdays and anniversaries. Other than that, GB WAY better than froyo.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
For an app to change button brightness, it needs to have root access so..
Yeah, gb is night and day better than froyo

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7-Droid addict

wyld

Reaction score
Rom well I am rooted and it still wont work

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apk must have been taken down. I'll try to upload my file to dropbox and post a link. No promises though

OP
C

calguy19

Reaction score
Think I found a fix. Menu, settings, Battery and data manager, battery mode, performance mode radio button.

So far it seems to work. With these intermittent behaviours, it takes a while to know for sure.

Some of you guys with the same problem - give it a try, and post your results if you get a chance.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is performance mode radio button? I see performance mode, but that just allows auto sync at all times. What does it have to do with radio button?

wyld

Reaction score
I looked and and I didn't see a radio button there! Lol

OP
C

calguy19

Reaction score
Did you upgrade from froyo (2.2) to gingerbread (2.3.3). That option is not on froyo. In menu, options, battery, there ae 4 options. first 2 are data manager, second 2 are for battery. The second of those is the usual usage statistics. The first of the two is battery mode. In there, there are 4 options. Tthe third is "performance mode", select with a radio button. then button lights will stay on (at least mine have, so far).

But upgrade to gingerbread to obtain this option. Menu, setting, about phone, system updates.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm on gb. I don't know what a radio button is. Never heard of a radio button!