Business Card Recognition camera software

dean.collins

Reaction score
I just came across this software company recently and was sent a trial version. They have just launched the full version for $14.99

Try the trial first and they email you a %15 discount.

Hi Dean,
We've published BCR for Droid on http://www.mobihand.com/ProductPreview.asp?hide=true&id=42568&gnContentType=1

Thanks
Samuel

The business card recognition is great and exactly what i was looking for, there seems to be a small problem with it inserting 0 in front of the telephone numbers on the version i tried but that hopefully will be fixed with an update.

Their UI for editing is perfect in that it shows you the portion of text when you go to edit the field.

Great price for a one off service unlike the monthly off handset processing charges some of these apps are looking to charge you for.

Not sure about how we are supposed to download updates seeing it's not being offered through the android app store.

Last edited:

Scott Hanna

Reaction score
Thanks, I will give it a try. I've been using google goggles so far. It works pretty good, it scans everything, but as far as adding a contact, it only stores the name and phone number. I'd like to be able to capture other numbers, business name etc.

I do wonder why an app would not be in the market

cuskit

Reaction score
Thanks for the link! I'm eager to try it out also - this is one area that seems to be lacking a quality app. Me - I'm way to lazy to manually type in data from business cards. ;)

I'll check it out and get back with my feedback. Really appreciate taking the time to post your link. Thanks! :)

cuskit

nitsuj

Reaction score
I used to love the card reader on the original LG V, then they dumped that feature when they moved to the EnV and EnV2.

masters

Reaction score
I just use Google Goggles, since it will "scan" the business card and put the info into a contact...

ThyraMabyn

Reaction score
Use Microsoft word, publisher or power point. You probably already have them installed on your computer and if you go to the MS website, they have free business card template downloads. So you can just change the wording on what you find there or edit them by adding and removing stuff and just keeping the basic idea of them.

tennvol

Reaction score
How does one accomplish this using Google Googles or Evernote?

brochaos

Reaction score
evernote you snap a pic and then it saves it and does OCR for the text.

tennvol

Reaction score
I tried snapping a pic of a business card and stored it as a note. When I view it I can't click it and have it bring up the phone dialer or email. Is this not doable or is it operator error

AngryHatter

Reaction score
I tried sveeral. This one reads cards with the least amount of editing afterwards necessary.