BT speakerphone voice input problems

jcarr1

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to android devices so please be patient with me.

My Xperia Z will only route spoken commands from a BT speakerphone (or BT headset) to the Sony provided voice dialer app. Googles voice recognition apps (via the android microphone) give me a better than 90% hit rate, but the voice dialer is maintaining a steady 0%. Is it possible to route audio from the BT microphone to any app waiting for audio input?

I tried using an app called "Bluetooth Launch", suggested in another forum, but it did not run properly on the Z. Are there any other apps out there to solve this problem or have I missed something really basic?

WestOkid

Reaction score
If you find an answer anywhere, please post it. For some reason manufacturer's route to voice dial or in Samsung's case, S Voice by default. There seems to be no tried and true way around this. People used to disable S voice or voice dial but many times BT would stop working or you get FCs in other apps. I wish I could Google now for all voice input.

Tapped from a Jelly Bean lovin VZW S3

OP
J

jcarr1

Reaction score
"For some reason manufacturer's route to voice dial or in Samsung's case, S Voice by default"

Thanks for the reply WestOkid

After my first posting I found a BT setting which claimed to "record audio through headset if available" . This can be found under settings > language and input > voice search. This does not appear to make any difference. Has anyone else out there with a Z tried this setting? I have tried the mini voice recorder app and google, but BT microphones only work for me through Voice Dialer or during a call.

Why don't these units simply treat any BT mike as an extension of the built in unit. All sound is routed to the BT speakers/earpieces. Is there some reason why the microphone can't be this simple?