Those who use bluetooth voice dialing, I found a fix for the JB google dialer.

audinutt

Reaction score
First off, the title might be misleading. What we actually accomplish with this “fix” or workaround is restoring motorola’s Bluetooth voice commands instead of the google search which works horrible at best.
If you don’t want any of google’s voice recognition at all you can simply go to setting apps, all apps and disable google search.
I like the browser search ability with voice commands so this was not an acceptable solution.

1. download this copy of google search from this link: http://dl.papktop.com/2012/12/Google_Search_2_2_9_542574.apk

2. Install it, then pressed my Bluetooth one touch command button on the headset. Now It should prompt you to use motorola’s voice command or google search, select the motorola voice commands and select always perform this action.

3. Then uninstall this version of google search via tha app manager, revert to the original software via app manager via uninstall update button.

4. The final step is go to the market and download the latest version of google search.

NOTE*** If you skip the last step google search doesn’t function at all on the phone (voice search).

Once I performed this everything worked flawlessly after a reboot.

I do not understand how motorola got the voice commands so good and google's contact dialer could be so atrocious

Good luck and happy jellybeaning :biggrin:

-Richard

Last edited:
OP
audinutt

audinutt

Reaction score
updated post, any questions/comment let me know.

gpfromgp

Reaction score
Possible easier answer...
I downloaded assistant by speaktoit. Didn't bother to register. Used call button on Bluetooth headset and got the option to speak to new assistant, Google voice dial, and Motorola voice commands. Selected Motorola and always...We've done this twice successfully. Good luck!

OP
audinutt

audinutt

Reaction score
Realized it is easier yet, go to player store, update google search and you will have your prompt, voila.