Browswer Draining Battery??

Rishi P

Reaction score
So yes I've noticed the more I use my browser the more the battery drains...I feel like I literally saw it jump down on the battery meter this morning so i checked my battery history app and under network usage, the bar for browser is pretty much all the way up

Is this normal as I ddidn't seem to noitce this earlier...I'm really getting tired of this damn battery issue with this phone....I've had it for almost 3 weeks now...always have gps/wi-fi/blue tooth off and do not have task killer....is this phone always going to have to be treated like a baby so the battery doesn't drain or is this ever going to be fixed???

scarmack

Reaction score
"more I use my browser the more the battery drains" duh? when you drive your car, the more you drive the more gas you use right? why would this be any different

but in all seriousness. 2.2 might have a couple fixes to this and should increase battery life. all we can do is wait. but yeah, it has to be treated like a baby or always have a charger near you

OP
R

Rishi P

Reaction score
right I agree but I just noticed it happening more recently as opposed to when I first got the phone....i feel whats the point of having such a powerful phone if you have to be worried all the time about the battery draining?

I really like everything about the phone, it's just the battery issue drives me nuts sometimes....

scarmack

Reaction score
i couldnt agree more. i try to do everything i can just to save a little bit of battery because i know by 2:00 its going to be dead.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you using the stock browser? Is google your home page? Do you have a lot of windows open?

The google home page might be using your GPS to find your location and GPS hits battery hard. Solutions:
-close unused windows
-tell google home page not to use your location
-get rid of google home page
-my favorite: switch to dolphin HD

OP
R

Rishi P

Reaction score
Are you using the stock browser? Is google your home page? Do you have a lot of windows open?

The google home page might be using your GPS to find your location and GPS hits battery hard. Solutions:
-close unused windows

I pretty much do all that minus not having google as my home page....but I am going to try dolphin and see if that helps...thanks

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score

-close unused windows

this. and turn off your gps unless you are actually using it.

throwscoach

Reaction score
Is dolphin HD actually better? I tried it out and didn't like set up. How does it improve online performance?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
With the droid X apparently the battery drain bug can be fixed by unchecking "use network location" in location & security. I leave my gps on but keep an eye on what's using it.

On the X, you may need to turn off GPS when done using it, turn off WIFI when done using it, and reboot after charging. Hopefully the update will fix this.

I like dolphin hd for the tabs and ability to keep the user agent on computer/desktop. I don't think it would save battery power, but worth a try either way. What didn't you like about it?

Last edited:

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
With the droid X apparently the battery drain bug can be fixed by unchecking "use network location" in location & security. I leave my gps on but keep an eye on what's using it.

I like dolphin hd for the tabs and ability to keep the user agent on computer/desktop. I don't think it would save battery power, but worth a try either way. What didn't you like about it?

do you mean "use wireless networks", I dont have what you said to uncheck in my location and security.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right, use wireless networks should be UNCHECKED. Hopefully the update will fix this.

Also, see updated suggestions a few posts back about other workarounds that may be needed.

Last edited:
OP
R

Rishi P

Reaction score
yeah i used this dolphin hd browser but i feel it made my phone lag so i just unistalled it and went back to regular browser....i can literally see my battery meter on top right corner go down when i log onto the browser...i think i'm just going to get an extended battery, this crap is getting too annoying

trebb

Reaction score
You guys should just buy the extended battery from vzw. I bought it and it's been so much better than stock it's not even funny. Yesterday with my normal usage (mild to heavy) i was at 50% after sixteen hours...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk