Browser

twoshay

Reaction score
Whats the best browser app? The stock one with the galaxy is very resource hungry and seems to drain my battery fast, I've tried opera which was good but the zoom function was frustrating
Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9000 using DroidForums App

timrock

Reaction score
I like dolphin hd. Reminds me of firefox.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Whats the best browser app?
Depends on who you ask. It's best just to test drive them for yourself -- especially if you don't qualify exactly what you mean by "best".

The stock one with the galaxy is very resource hungry and seems to drain my battery fast
It's probably your display and data connection that are actually eating your battery. Any lengthy browsing will do that regardless of the browser selected.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
theres a firefox for android now, it kinda sucks but hopefully will work better in the future. you can sync it with firefox on your comp.

Happyappy

Reaction score
I've been browser shopping lately myself. Skyfire seems to load pages faster than others I've tried; and I like the way it loads pages and text. However, all the social media integration is lost on me and just gets in the way.

Dolphin HD has a slick UI that many plugins to customize the app as you like. However it's slower than skyfire to load pages....and the real dealbreaker is it doesn't wrap text well when I zoom.

I'm back to skyfire again now....but still shopping for the "perfect" browser for me. I'd love a Skyfire "light" version stripped down to the basic browser functions done quickly and well.

But then again...it's fun downloading and trying new apps too!

en28so

Reaction score
I love Dolphin hd. You can change things on the fly like the size of text and mobile or desktop browsing.

Droid X rooted with z4root and running DarkSlide V4.2 underclocked ( to save battery).