Browser recommendations?

DXD

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace the stock browser on my D2, and I was just wondering if you guys have any suggestions for other browsers that are fast, a decent file size, and not so intrusive when it comes to the space taken up on display from the search bar.

I tried Dolphin HD, and it was nice and fast, but I didn't like that the url/search bar at the top took up so much space.
And what's the difference between HD and Mini?

Skyfire, Opera, Firefox, Dolphin, etc.

What is a good one? I don't need a ton of features, like gestures or whatever, just basic web browsing capabilities.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

carguy

Reaction score
I started using dolphin he two days ago, so much better than OEM to me!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
I mostly use xScope or Miren Browser when I know I'll be opening a lot of tabs at once or opening media filled pages. Stock browser for quick stuff like looking up something or finding the price on something, etc.

EDIT: Firefox is pretty fast and is really nice looking, but its still in early beta - so it isnt that stable. Opera is pretty fast for me too, but I stopped using it because of Miren.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I love dolphin and the URL search bar should be hidden when you start scrolling / browsing a web page.

tappin and a talkin

ArrTooDeeToo

Reaction score
If the only thing you're worried about is screen real estate while browsing, go to settings in Dolphin and scroll down to Dolphin Settings and check Full Screen Mode. When you want to enter an address, hit the menu button and you get your address bar.

I've tried several browsers and always default back to DHD. On a rooted droid with the LCD density hack, this browser is even better!

FootballRef

Reaction score
I was using SkyFire. I am now using Firefox and will probably go through their growing pains with it.

wlemammoth

Reaction score
I've been using Dolphin Mini since it came out. I don't know if it is much faster, but I think it looks better than HD and you can run it in fullscreen to hide the address bar.