[OG Droid] The Best Browser - FireFox, Chrome, Opera

ksaul

Reaction score
I have the original droid and noticed that firefox is released into the market (this might be old news, but new to me)..

I upgraded to firefox to give it a try and seems pretty good so far - except the warning that says 'this is not supported on your device' (even though it works??)

Anyway.. to my question
- Which is the best (fastest, less resources) for the original droid? My phone is already starting to get slow and I do not even have that many apps installed (maybe 5). I have tried opera and it seemed faster then the default(chrome) browser but who knows...

JBirdVegas

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Look around for miui's brower I use it or the stock cm and like both.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

biodroid

Reaction score
Miui browser. You mean Miren?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

my mom is digging FireFox on her d2... Sorts confusing at first but it has some nice features

Briankbl

Reaction score
If you are looking for the fastest and least data intensive browser, Opera Mini is what you are looking for. It's faster than Opera Mobile, yet still has the sleek design of it's big brother. Both Opera browsers are hands down the fastest, because of their compression capabilities, but Mini can compress web pages up to 90% whereas Mobile is 70%, I believe. Also, Mini saves the last page you were looking at, so when ever you hit the Back button, you don't even need to wait for the page to load again. It instantly comes up.

Jasko

Reaction score
I'll be trying out Opera for a week or so to test the waters. I hope it lives up to the hype. I've been getting really frustrated with Dolphin Mini lately. Laggy and freezes often, on my phone at least.

mgatov

Reaction score
I like firefox... especially since it syncs all of my computers.