Browser User Agent still doesn't display desktop...

Raditude

Reaction score
Ok, I have typed "about:debug" and changed the UAString in settings to Desktop. That allows most pages to switch to the desktop version, when it previously said it was only mobile. Some pages still force you to use the mobile site regardless. www.fox59.com as an example. Somehow, I was able to view the user agent string when set to desktop, and it says something to the effect of "Firefox on Droid 2." Is there anyway to manually change the User Agent to something like "Firefox on Windows"?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pool_shark

Reaction score
Ok, I have typed "about:debug" and changed the UAString in settings to Desktop. That allows most pages to switch to the desktop version, when it previously said it was only mobile. Some pages still force you to use the mobile site regardless. www.fox59.com as an example. Somehow, I was able to view the user agent string when set to desktop, and it says something to the effect of "Firefox on Droid 2." Is there anyway to manually change the User Agent to something like "Firefox on Windows"?

That setting only stays with the default browser until you force close the browser or reboot, then it goes back to mobile view.

I use Dolphin HD, once you set it to desktop it stays that way.

OP
Raditude

Raditude

Reaction score
Well some sites still show the desktop version, even after force closing and resetting the phone. I've checked the setting, and Desktop is still checked.

Does DolphinHD have integrated Flash and Javascript?

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Yep. In dolphin U have to choose "mobile" view when the pages are all cluttered. But then most links are disabled.