Browser scrolls up on its own - refresh problem with ads?

82DMC12

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Something that is really starting to bug me....

I use the news and weather app a lot to pass time when I am standing in line somewhere or during commercials on TV. There are a few news websites out there that seem to really screw with the browser and I'm wondering if there is a setting or fix for it. Examples:

washingtonpost.com - about every 10 seconds the website refreshes, or maybe an advertisement changes, and it causes the website to reload and go back to the top of the screen. There has to be a way to stop this. Really tough to read a long news article when it keeps going back to the top.

us.mobile.reuters.com - once the page loads, after you scroll down a bit and pause to read the page, if you touch the page to scroll down further, it will jump back to the top. Again, really annoying.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Andy

wojtalsd

Reaction score
It seems like it has been removed from the market. There are some roms out there that have the scripts for it. Chevy No1's rom Simply Stunning 4.8 has it. Im sure there are others with it also. I just checked the market also and don;t see the original adblock anymore also.

wojtalsd

Reaction score
It looks like to get that fuctionality you need to be rooted now. Which is unfortunate. But on the other hand being rooted is great!