Browser Freezing Droid 3

sprzfan

Reaction score
I have had my Droid 3 for about 3 weeks now and really like it (I finally upgraded from Droid original). However, this past week my Browser will not work. It loads for about 5 seconds, then freezes. I have pulled battery and still nothing. I even went through and made sure all unimportant apps were not running so as to not interfere. I haven't downloaded anything lately (just quit working one morning). Any ideas??

spunker88

Reaction score
Have you cleared the cache/history lately? Also check to see if you received any updates for it lately, maybe something went wrong. You can uninstall updates I believe.

lotzakritters

Reaction score
I have had my Droid 3 for about 3 weeks now and really like it (I finally upgraded from Droid original). However, this past week my Browser will not work. It loads for about 5 seconds, then freezes. I have pulled battery and still nothing. I even went through and made sure all unimportant apps were not running so as to not interfere. I haven't downloaded anything lately (just quit working one morning). Any ideas??

What he ^^^^ said. And if you haven't done it yet, try a factory reset.

Sent from my Rooted Droid3 using Tapatalk

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Before a factory reset I would try some other things:
1) go into browser and clear cache as already mentioned
2) browser settings > Reset to default
3) try another browser to see if it still happens. I like Dolphin HD
4) go to phone settings > applications > Manage applications > All tab > Browser > Clear data AND cache

Is it still not working? You're sure that you have connectivity? The problem doesn't occur when using other browsers? I would clear the system cache/partition. Doing this depends on your phone. I actually have only done this on a Droid X but I'm sure you can do it easily if you google "clear system partition Droid 3". This can fix problems without you having to wipe your phone of your settings and data. If that still doesn't work I'm afraid that I'd probably go with the factory reset.