Browser crashing on Google

heyhey

Reaction score
I'm running a stock R2-D2, un-rooted. The standard browser app is crashing on open when it attempts to load google.com. If I open the browser from a shortcut to another domain, it seems to work, but will crash if I navigate back to google.

Has anybody else noticed this problem today?

Can someone recommend another browser app that's better than stock and doesn't require root?

Cheers,
Chris

Sent from the Dagobah system via my Droid R2-D2.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm running a stock R2-D2, un-rooted. The standard browser app is crashing on open when it attempts to load google.com. If I open the browser from a shortcut to another domain, it seems to work, but will crash if I navigate back to google.

Has anybody else noticed this problem today?

Can someone recommend another browser app that's better than stock and doesn't require root?

Cheers,
Chris

I just tried mine and it works. I would suggest try clearing you history and cache. If that doesn't work I would go to Manage Applications and clear the browser's data.

Also, in the browser's settings there is a "Clear All" option.

Good luck.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you tried Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Browser > Clear cache?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
H

heyhey

Reaction score
That fixed it. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hey I was checking around the forums cause I am having the same problem. When I tried to load google my load bar at the top would kinda twitch like it was trying to load. After a couple seconds of twitching it would just force close. I tried the cleaning cache trick and I always clear my history. Any other suggestions? Its very annoying. Really just hoping google is being dumb and its not my phone. Just started noticing it today. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
H

heyhey

Reaction score
That was exactly my issue. Go into the application settings for the browser and select clear all data. It's working for me so far.

Reaction score
Sweet. Working like a dream now. Don't know what caused it to go stupid all of a sudden. Thanks though. The forum is awesome!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Worm8199

Reaction score
I was having the same problem but was too busy that last couple days to search for the solution so I installed Opera Mini...didn't care for it. Sucks losing my bookmarks but glad the browser is up and running again! Thanks Droid forum!