Browser apps?

MAzing87

Reaction score
Are there any available that might be better than the one already installed? Any that can read gif and animated files?

dpw2atox

Reaction score
From what i understand there are a few (2-3) browsers on the Android Market, i've read mixed reviews on them but in the end overall it seems the default browser is better.

IMO if you can wait a little bit, Firefox Mobile aka Fennec is in development and should be released in a few weeks or so to try out.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fennec

loaizac

Reaction score
I use dolphin browser its got skins and gestures, has many more features. Really good free browser. Waiting on firefox to come out, I think I read somewhere that it comes out next month.

moosc

Reaction score
Yes ff mobile aka pocketfox will have add ons it will sync with your desktop have the awesome bar. They have a youtube channel showing these features. Also opera mobile 10 is dew out next month also.

DaHarder

Reaction score
Personally...

I'd recommend sticking with the default/Google browser.

It's fast, efficient, and functional.​

CreditGod

Reaction score
Tell them and they will build it

there are several people on this forum that work for google and motorola if we make browser suggestion they will look at them and will most likely put them in an ota patch or in a download upgrade on the market

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
I am really looking forward to "Fennec" I love firefox and if I can sync my Droid with my desktop browser..WOW!

OP
MAzing87

MAzing87

Reaction score
I agree the def app works good, but does that dolphin app play animated images and gifs? Is it as fast as the default app?

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
Personally...

I'd recommend sticking with the default/Google browser.

It's fast, efficient, and functional.​

That's not a good attitude for open development platforms...

the "It's good enough" attitude never gets us anywhere. I'm looking forward to the Mozilla browser as well as perhaps skyfire, and others to see what else may be fastER, MORE efficient and HIGHER functionality.

silverx10

Reaction score
Firefox is Coming to Android

Yeah, I most definitely cannot wait for Fennec to hit the Android system. I mean come on, all the goodness of Firefox in the palm of your hand? Add-ons, download manager, tabbed browsing? I realize that tabbed browsing isn't a Firefox-specific idea (anymore), but let's face it: Firefox just does it better than everyone else.

OP
MAzing87

MAzing87

Reaction score
Firefox is Coming to Android

Yeah, I most definitely cannot wait for Fennec to hit the Android system. I mean come on, all the goodness of Firefox in the palm of your hand? Add-ons, download manager, tabbed browsing? I realize that tabbed browsing isn't a Firefox-specific idea (anymore), but let's face it: Firefox just does it better than everyone else.
Sounds interesting!!

biteme

Reaction score
I'm playing with Dolphin now, like the pinch zoom and gesture based controls, however I used FF on my pc and look forward to playing with it too (now if it has multi touch I'm on cloud 9).