bricked?

benualson

Reaction score
So, i tried to flash a new rom to the phone & when it boots up, it just sits at that first splash screen that you get after hitting the power button. I can boot to the white recovery menue screen, but it doesn't let me navigate the menu, it just automatically runs the HBOOT selection. What can I do?

can I load something to that HBOOT?

OP
B

benualson

Reaction score
Just had to remove that zip file, however:
So, i am trying to load this new ROM (the Vicious rom). I go into clockwork recovery & select install zip from sdcard, then i choose zip from sdcard, & instead of loading the new rom it says: Finding Update package, opening update package, installing update package, then it is complete....how do i get it to load the rom?

OP
B

benualson

Reaction score
additional info:

I cannot install any ROM now, it runs through this short update process I explained above. Am I missing something that allows the rom to be loaded?

gary73

Reaction score
Can you restore backup

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
B

benualson

Reaction score
Yes, i restored a backup. I am up and running now, I tried to install a ROM again & instead of loading the ROM it just goes though a short update install like noted above, then won't boot, so i have to restore again... i have tried different roms..

OP
B

benualson

Reaction score
maybe it is just running update.zip before my rom? does it reboot & take several minutes to update Clockworkmod?

OP
B

benualson

Reaction score
Fixed my issue. I didn't have an actual rom as a zip file, it was a patch or update. My bad. I am a nub.