BRICKED!! Please help my Droid X =(

matt6906

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed the leaked 2.2, rooted, then downgraded to 2.1 to install official 2.2. I then rooted my device using the Droid 2 method.

Next, I downloaded Koush's Bootstrap Recovery, installed, ran, and did the first option.

Next, I downloaded Rom Manager, downloaded Clockwork Recovery, and created a backup of my 2.2OTA, Rooted configuration.

The phone created the backup successfully, then attempted to restart. It got to the motorola logo, then failed. No attempts to turn on the phone have worked. I've removed the battery and held the power key down to no avail. The phone is currently charging (maybe?). The green light is on.

Please help!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum Matt! I'm sorry to see you're having trouble. It's the time of day that most everyone is sleeping so it may take a while for you to get some help. Don't worry...your phone turns on at least so I'm thinking you're ok.

OP
M

matt6906

Reaction score
Thanks! It seems that it was just the battery dying at an inopportune time that scared me, but I got it fixed. I do have another question though: is it possible to flash to FlyX Final (from Rom Manager) while on 2.2 OTA?